Hacking Oh now

Kazura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ok guys, im going to write everything i did today so that you can understand what's the problem and hopefully help me to fix it.

First off all, My Wii is chipped with a Wiikey chip. I got this Wii last year. My current firmware is 3.2E.
Anway, i tried to boot my NSMBWii backup that i made yesterday but it didnt work.
Everybody's talking about how this works with Neogamma, so i thought i'd try it too.
I downloaded it and entered THE HBC. No problems yet.
When i loaded it up it said i didnt have IOS36 or something like that, and that i had to install IOS.
Didnt know what it means so I searched the forum and found this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890
and followed it.

The guide said that older the IOS36 doesnt need to be patched on older Wiis, and my wii is old.
anyway, i tried to install the Preloader but it didnt work, and than i tried to boot the cIOS38 rev14 but it didnt work as well.
I then patched IOS36 according to that video the guide gave. I dont have internet on my Wii so i put the wads in my SD root manually.
I think i did everything right.
Anyway, when i was finished with the patching i came back to the HBC and entered the PreLoader. From what i understood this was supposed to prevent bricks or something. dunno... anyway, i was done with the installation but i wasnt sure about it. it automaticaly booted it up afterwards. now, because i wasn't sure if installed it sucessfully or not, i messed around in the menu and entered "Load/Install File" and install the boot.dl that was in there. I was sure for some reason that it will do something good.
I installed it and quit to the main menu. Problem is, there wasn't any.
Instead of the Wii Menu i got this error that my Wii files are corrupted or something like that.
I panicked like shit and started shivering like a maniac. I turend it off and tried again, but with no luck.
I then tried again only this time i held the reset button to go back to the preloader. and it worked. i can even go to the homebrew channel and it works. The only thing that doesnt work is the Wii itself.

I'm totally scared now guys. I thought i did everything ok but i ruined my Wii instead.
Please tell me there's something to do. Please.

And sorry for the long read, but i thought it is nessecary.

edit:
sorry for the oh now. lol
i didnt pay attention to what i was writing.

Kazura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
How do i do that? There's only an install option at the "Install/Load" screen.

Btw, i tired to enter the "Installed File" option and it actually directs me to the installation of the homebrew channel. Perhaps that's the boot.dol i was talking about.
Should i try to install the HBC again? will it solve my problem?

Kazura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Guys, please help me. im sorry for the double post but im totally freaking out.

Ultralex, i dont really understand what your'e talking about. I cant find the uninstallation function you mentioned. these are the options that i can currently see when i hold the reset button when i turn my wii on:

Systemmenu (doesnt work)
Homebrew Channel (works but not very helpful)
Installed File (as i said, takes me to the HBC installation foe some reason)

Load/Install File (probably what bricked my Wii)
Systemmenu Hacks (says he cant find any)
Settings

What should i do now? Is there something i can do or am i screwed?

Kazura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
After reading a couple of threads i now realize that i have a Banner brick.
The only solution i found for it is to buy SaveMii. Aint going to do that
Theres gotta be another way though. My HBC is working- is there something i cant load off it that will fix the brick somehow?

FenrirWolf you told me im not bricked even though i think i have the Banner brick. Am i wrong?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
yes you can still fix it without buying savemii.

have you checked what system ios your running in preloader? you can try to change it to 36, or 249 and try again

Kazura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
You gotta be kidding me.
It was set on 50 and i changed it to 36 and it works! LFMAO
Thank you so much bro!

I would still appreaciate if you guys help me install cIOS though. I thought i installed everything i needed but it still doesnt work. I get an error and than have to restart the homebrew channel.
TBR is installed, PreLoader is installed and IOS36 is patched. What am i missing?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you using IOS36 to install the cIOS?

FenrirWolf said:
If Preloader is working then you're not bricked.
Not always

Brick = Unusable System menu, so if your system menu doesn't work, but preloader does, you're still bricked.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I would still appreaciate if you guys help me install cIOS though. I thought i installed everything i needed but it still doesnt work. I get an error and than have to restart the homebrew channel.
TBR is installed, PreLoader is installed and IOS36 is patched. What am i missing?
Run cIOS rev14's installer (search to get it). When it asks what IOS to use, choose IOS36. If it gives an error in the cIOS installer, what error is it? (it's a number like -2011 or -1017).

EDIT: removed a mistake and fixed a typo.

Kazura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Reading "IOS36-64-v3610.wad", please wait...
ERROR! (ret= -1)

Press any button to restart...

^That's exactly what it says.
tongue.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kazura said:
Reading "IOS36-64-v3610.wad", please wait...
ERROR! (ret= -1)

Press any button to restart...

^That's exactly what it says.
tongue.gif
you're doing offline install without the needed IOS wad, so you can do 2 things:

1) Get the IOS36-64-v3610.wad with NUS Downloader and put it in the root of the SD card, then install it
2) Choose online install instead (needs WiFi on Wii)

Kazura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Naahhh forget it. Im doing something wrong. I created the file you told me to but TBR doesnt recognize it. Im not even sure i chose the right option... Can you be a little more specific?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to use the TBR to install a cIOS? You're doing it totally wrong. So first off IOS36 isn't really a great IOS to be running your system menu off of. If it was set to IOS50 before, I take it you're on 3.4 or something?

Preloader is not supposed to be installed on 3.4. Update yourself to a good firmware and start over following a good up to date guide. First just read through mine to get a general idea of wtf you're doing first and then follow xzxero's or the complete softmod guide.

Also the file you installed in preloader was the boot.dol of the hackmii installer for the HBC and bootmii, which is why that loaded up when you loaded installed file. The point of installing files in preloader is to be able to autoboot any .dol file when you start your Wii. Installing the installer boot.dol to do that is absolutely worthless.

Stop trying random things without knowing what you're doing first or you're going to brick your Wii.

Read and understand the guides first.

Kazura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks nabster, I will read your guide.

Anyway just wanted to update you folks. Mario works. Dont know how, but i thought i'd give it a last shot and tried to boot it up with NeoGamma, and it freaking works. Im already on world 1-7 so I have the feelin the game wont get stuck on me.
I really dont know how it works since i didn't update the IOS, but w/e, im not asking questions.

Is it really worth it to update my firmware to 4.1? I dont really care about that SD menu thingy because i dont really care for VC or Wiiware.

And thanks about everything guys.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey