Gaming Oh noez!

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to update the bios.. BUT AWARD BIOS DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE!

Will phoenix have the bios I need?

System listed beelow.
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 8IPE1000P2 1.x
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F6 12/25/2003

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
A simple google wouldn't have hurt would it? (http://www.driverstock.com/GigaByte-GA-8IPE1000-driver-download/30-36-8286-67834/index.html)

Why are you bothering to update a board from 2003/2004 anyway? I doubt it would do very much for it performance wise or anything.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Sop said:
Zekrom_cool said:
Google it.

Hope this helps.
You didn't think I would've tried that?

didn't try hard enough, even though a couple clicks can hardly be regarded as a form of effort.

QUOTE(Sop @ Jun 23 2011, 08:06 PM)
Because I wanted to..
Do you know how to update the BIOS for that motherboard?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
As with any process that involves re-flashing a ROM chip, updating the BIOS runs the risk of causing permanent damage to the motherboard. If the new BIOS image is corrupted, or you use the wrong version of BIOS image, or if it doesn't flash over properly, or if there's a power failure, or if the BIOS flashing routine isn't coded properly... Well, kiss your motherboard goodbye, because it will not work until the ROM chip itself is replaced. Or manually flashed with someone with the right equipment.

Basically the only time you ever touch the BIOS is when you're encountering a BIOS related problem. Most BIOS updates only add extra CPU compatability. It is very rare for a BIOS update to provide any sort if performance enhancement. Also, not every motherboard even has a BIOS update. You can't take a decade-old motherboard and flash it with a BIOS from 2011 - the BIOS has to be specifically coded for that particular motherboard.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, updating the BIOS is very risky. I like to keep my stuff updated as well, but I don't touch the BIOS unless there's something wrong and I need to remedy it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.