Oh Noes? THQ Has Right To a Nintendo IP!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Oct 17, 2007.

Oct 17, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Source

"THQ has entered a confidential 2-year agreement to license a Nintendo IP for production on the Wii. Here's the snippet we have from the agreement, granting THQ:

"...the right to use certain of Nintendo's intellectual property to develop, have developed, have manufactured, advertise, market and sell video game software for play on Wii until October 13, 2009 in all countries within the Western Hemisphere

The agreement also states that any game's release is contingent on Nintendo's approval of both the game and the packaging"

Well it could be worse, it could be Zoo Digital or DSI. Ok it does have to have Nintendo's approval but they have released some real bad games in the past. Remember Yoshi's tilty GBA game or that Mickey Mouse Mirror on GC?

2. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Western hemisphere? Does that include continental Europe? [​IMG]

3. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Does that mean Alien Hominid was a bad game? Probably the best Zoo Digital published would be that one Guilty Gear on PC, which sadly didn't see US release.

Hmm... THQ, this could be very good or very bad. The recent WWE games are still rather fun, and therefore underrated. I think: **** off, wrestling haters.

4. mario5555

mario5555 Newbie

It's gonna be Urban Champion or Wrecking Crew just watch.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

THQ isn't all bad, but they do liscence and publish a lot of stinkers. Should be interesting to see which IP that Nintendo has left long and dormant that they want to do a game of...interesting.

5. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Kid Icarus?
    Just in time for Pit to be uber-hyped from brawl~

6. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    Yes, Alien Hominid sucked. It looked like some amateur made it instead of a professional game company.

7. ubersk8kid

Newcomer ubersk8kid Advanced Member

Canada
    Alien Hominid was an amature's game. It was an internet game (from newgrounds.com i think) that they made for game cube.

8. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    Is this not something to do with the Mii characters? I read somewhere that THQ were pissed off coz EA got to use Miis in their games, while THQ couldn't.

Is that a possibility or am I way off?

9. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    god that would suck, there's no way nintendo would let anyone other than themselves bring kid icarus back to life tho.

thq... I hope they got thrown some pathetic bone like duck hunt or something, even they couldn't fuck that up

10. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    alien hominid kicked ass and it was a budget game. Looks dont matter when it comes to games.

11. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Nintendo as a publisher is like Scorcese as a director: they can take shite and make it shine. THQ is obviously a company with ample resources. If Nintendo maintains executive input, which I'm sure they will, we're likely to see great games come out of this deal.

12. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Uh-oh... This is not good at all!
    Funny enough, I have both of them [​IMG] And well, I actually liked Yoshi's Universal Gravitation! And the Mickey-game was nice for small children...

13. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    damn, more crappy titles coming to wii.. that did bring to mind that yoshi tilt game and super princess peach (I forgot if this was in house or not so don't mind me).. anyway... crap games made from good nintendo characters, isn't something that suits my gaming tastes.