oh noes brawl =(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by phantomatt, Jul 13, 2008.

Jul 13, 2008

oh noes brawl =( by phantomatt at 7:15 PM (1,055 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. phantomatt
    OP

Newcomer phantomatt Member

Canada
    hey guys. having some pretty significant problems here

so i recently updated my wii to 3.3u, believing that scrubbed games would still work, but after the update by dvd5 brawl doesnt work. so i searched up the forums and found that somehow wiiscrubbing trucha's the game..or smth. anyhow. thats besides the point. i'm just wondering if i'll ever be able to play brawl again (i think i have a wiikey...but the 1.9s update has never worked for me. aha, i really actually have no idea what chip i got, cuz the modder who did mine was a total prick but no matter. i just want brawl again [​IMG] )

thanks.
    and.. if someone else has asked abt this, i guess i havent searched the forums that well. my bad. and if the answers are obvious, my bad again.

2. Jackreyes

Jackreyes Newbie

Scrubbing a Wii Image just compresses it. Then when you want to burn it you have to uncompress getting a full 4.37gb (aprox.) file again.

With the DVD5 release of Brawl I think they deleted some of the videos and stuff using trucha to make it smaller. So scrubbed games still work on 3.3.

Anyway, I found the perfect solution to problems with brawl just today, go out, and buy the game. Works a treat.

3. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    ssbb dvd5 hasn't been scubbed, but it has been trucha-edited. To make it fit on a dvd5, a lot of movie files were deleted. These were relinked to a movie on the first layer.
    to make the game run again, load it through Gecko OS.

4. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Why did you update?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why even you considered updating? For Mii Parade?

5. phantomatt
    OP

Canada
    lol =(. well to reply jackreyes. it can't read the retail brawl (no i did not instantaneously buy the game. my friend lent it to me a while back...cuz HIS dvd5 still works. cuz he's not stupid like me and he didnt update)

and. no i didnt update for mii parade... i dont really know why. i just kinda accidentally did it. aha srsly, i dunno it like connected and i was like sure update. and it did [​IMG]

i dont.. have the homebrew channel... and since i'm on 3.3u... i cant run gecko anymore right. i'm sooo stupid [​IMG]

6. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Have you tried installing the homebrew channel etc. using the new version of the twilight hack (3.3 compatible [​IMG] )

7. gunner_pt

Newcomer gunner_pt Newbie

Portugal

Yes you do... you have to put the new zelda exploit... and then you install gecko channel... or install HBC via DVD and then use gecko via HBC...

8. phantomatt
    OP

Canada
    so i've installed geckoOS just fine. but it says 'this channel can't be used' and kinda turns off. or freezes making me turn it off.
    now what =/

9. lvholanda

Member lvholanda GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Use freethewads, in that GeckoOS channel cuz that channel is for PAL region, just use and you are safe.