Hacking Oh no not another WAD installer topic...

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone recommend a good SD card for using with waninkoko's WAD installer tool? I tried to use a cheap one and although the Wii can read it and I installed the Wii homebrew channel from it with no problems. Waninkoko's Wad installer seems to hate it! Can anyone recommend a card preferably by name and model number.

Many thanks

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dweirdo said:
OMG only 3 pounds?!$%# in my country 1 gb card (the same as you showed, just 1 gb) costs 25 pounds!!

Look carefully at the shipping prices though
wink.gif

£3.99
+ £4.00shipping

£5.04
+ £3.00shipping

£3.07
+ £4.99shipping

£3.57
+ £4.50shipping

£3.15
+ £4.99shipping

Plus, some crazy bastard in the U.S. is selling a used one on Amazon for £68.65 + £4.50shipping !

Posts merged

The_Cylon_Surfer said:
QUOTEget one of these and you are good to go, i think i'm going to grab one of these myself too.

[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Wii-SECURE...5867&sr=1-1]http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Wii-SECURE...5867&sr=1-1[/url]

And these deffently work with the WAD Installer?

They are designed specifically for the Wii ...

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
They are designed specifically for the Wii ...
I've read reviews such as

QUOTEThis is basically a sd card, no more and no less. This is just a sly marketing trick to gather more money. Ive got the same brand sd card for wii for half the price. Just because it says its designed for wii, doesnt mean its only designed and compatible with only wii.

Confirmation from sombody who actually owns one would be nice
biggrin.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The_Cylon_Surfer said:
QUOTE said:
get one of these and you are good to go, i think i'm going to grab one of these myself too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Wii-SECURE...5867&sr=1-1

And these deffently work with the WAD Installer?

The_Cylon_Surfer said:
Confirmation from sombody who actually owns one would be nice
biggrin.gif

yes they are offical supported for the Wii but you are free to buy a kingston 2gb if you wish. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technolog...7821&sr=8-1 @ £4.75 including shipping.

QUOTE(thebobevil @ Apr 25 2008, 04:20 PM)
Look carefully at the shipping prices though
wink.gif

£3.99
+ £4.00shipping

£5.04
+ £3.00shipping

£3.07
+ £4.99shipping

£3.57
+ £4.50shipping

£3.15
+ £4.99shipping

Plus, some crazy bastard in the U.S. is selling a used one on Amazon for £68.65 + £4.50shipping !

well the shipping is always displayed when you look on the amazon marketplace, even with shipping it's a decent price @£8 and you get crazy people on amazon charging that, just don't buy from them.

Grish4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just get any generic SanDisk, forget about all that "for Wii" nonsense. Infact, before you go and buy a new one, try this formatting tool on your "cheap" card:

SD card formatter: hxxp://www.sdcard.org/about/downloads/sdfv2000.exe

It made my microSD work with the wad installers after always failing with a windows format.

Give it a try!!

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Just get any generic SanDisk, forget about all that "for Wii" nonsense. Infact, before you go and buy a new one, try this formatting tool on your "cheap" card:

SD card formatter: hxxp://www.sdcard.org/about/downloads/sdfv2000.exe

It made my microSD work with the wad installers after always failing with a windows format.

Give it a try!!

Will do just that! cheers bud.

Thanks for you info jalaneme - the Wii card is cheap and as long as it works with the WAD installer I'm not to fussed. As this is the only reason for me buying a SD card I would hate for it not too work.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've used a number of different SD cards on the Wii, and all work great. The only thing that matters is that you format it with the FAT file system.

Also, when installing WADs, keep the SD card free of all other garbage. WADs and WADs only.

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
2 out of 3 SD cards I have tried have failed to work with the WAD installer. If it deosnt work you just get random number codes on the screen. The only card I have had work is a Kingston 1GB - I would buy one of those but I cant find out what model it is as its in a camera somewhere in Malta right now so thats not an option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end