OH MY THE PAIN !! SD CARD HOLIDAY IN NZ

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by OSW, Dec 27, 2006.

Dec 27, 2006
  1. OSW
    OP

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    [​IMG]
    ok, so my cart worked great, i go on holiday to NZ and i'm playing on my ez4 every where and i'm having fun. until....................................................... i decide to backup my files, format my sd card, and recopy the, back. So that there is no fragmentation of course. (and my card wasnt even very fragmented)

So i'm going along. dadedadeda... format. copy. WTF , u can't copy the files back! something about copying failed (i forget the actual message) and so i'm like damn!

i try a random file (not mine) to copy to the card. it works. then i try again. failure. try creating A folder or text doc. failure.

hours later. many formats.formatting always fails. then. fomatting doesn't fail. but error still happens.

My guesses

Card reader is stuffed.
    Drivers stuffed.
    computer crap.

I will try on his paretns laptop but until something succeeds.

no more DS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Konamix02

Member Konamix02 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wow that sucks

3. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    A) What brand is it? If it's SanDisk or PNY they will replace it for free because they come with lifetime warrentys. I sent SanDisk a thumb drive after it the write function failed (you could still read it though) and I sent it to them and there were MP3s on it and they didn't ask questions, just sent me a new one.

B) I don't know if the same sales are happening in Europe as in America but Staples here is having an after Christmas sale where you can buy a 1GB SD card (SanDisk I believe) for $15. $20 in the store, $5 rebate which can be done online instead of snail mail if you want.

EDIT: Nope, it's PNY that's on sale.
    http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...sProductDisplay

4. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    Right click the drive>properties>tools
    Try that.
    Someone told me you could also run it through hexworkshop and replace everything with 0's then format it.

I have a corrupted microSD card, can't read/write or even view/load or even boot my computer while it's plugged into my laptop through a thumb drive. It's from Sandisk, so if I mail it over to them with a letter saying that it's broken, they'll fix/replace it?

5. OSW
    OP

Australia
    well, its a sandisk. but can't be sure it is the cards fault yet. i'll post an update on the 12th/13th when i get back and if its faulty i'll send it back hopefully.

cya guys!

6. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    You need to call the people at SanDisk first, they will ask you the pre-made questions like "Is it past the store's return policy date? (meaning take it back there if you can first)" and others like "have you tried formatting it?" etc...

Once they determine you can't fix it on your end, they will send you a UPS envelope that you should get in 1 day and inside will be a pre-paid UPS sticker to put over the one they sent to you and put your SD card inside. It should take 1 day to get to them and if they can't fix it, they will send you a new one in 1 day free shipping.

7. Helmut

Member Helmut GBAtemp Regular

France
    Looks like the lock switch on your SD adapter is broken.

8. OSW
    OP

Australia
    figured out the problem. its my cousins old computer cuz it works fine on another computer i tested. Lucky!

anyway thx for the responses but sorry for the bother. i'm back to my homeland tommorow and playing lots of ds ^^ . i can post more frequently on the boards again too (at least untill school starts! [​IMG])

byebye,
    OSW