Oh, just stuff, life y'know that!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 474
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
So I have this image of the very first scene in Disney's Alladin where the ground opens up in the giant desert Tiger shape and swallows the dude up? Yeah, that's kinda how I feel right now.
I took some community college classes last fall and spring, pretty unsure of where to go right now...As far as potential majors and thinking wise, I've eliminated psychology to a certain degree.
For now, I want to look into History(I'd love to study ancient-European civilizations)-Archaeology and perhaps some Computer Engineering (Hardware stuff). Still pretty confused about what's to come; where/when to apply to college. There aren'tmany openings for classes that I want at the local community college campus and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to commute particularly far.

Really hate how my skin reacts violently (Furries!(Itchy/Rash/Red Blotches) to the Sun Light, guess I really am a vampire as far as heat is concerned...Around 60-65 Fahrenheit is the perfect weather for me, not too cold, not too hot. Really wish I could have hit the beach recently, that would have been fun. Walking on the beach in the evening..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I slept a lot today, Freaking THUNDER STORM man, Oh my god, it rained so much! And, it was heavy rain too! Kinda wiped my mind clear a bit since I haven't been taking my Cymbalta lately these last few weeks. When I take them I've noticed that I crash towards the end of the night; something I haven't been very fond about...So for now, I've resolved to taking them in the mid afternoon.

I beat the StarCraft II Campaign, which does have some degree of re-playability. It's a shame that it requires a desktop CPU/Processor to really render all the units on the screen. Playing on the casual mode was hard enough for me (and my alienware laptop). The i7-720QM doesn't have a high clock rate, I've been confused whether it Turbo Boosted up to 2.4 dual core mode or up to 2.8 single core mode; wish I had some way to discern one from the other. If I'd been able to find a job this summer I would have liked to remedy that with an i7-620M, but that's that...

I still play an occasional pick-up game versus the computer (SC2AIO) on Medium/Hard settings. Very Hard and Insane difficulty still crush me pretty dangerously, I should observe some computer versus computer matches! I played through Pokemon Heart Gold (with 4x EXP) and the evolution hack (for pokemon like Golem/Alakazam). Pretty much felt the same. Then I had a Shin Megami Tensei craving so I played some devil summoner (also with cheats). Now both the games and the saves are in the NDS folder on my computer, probably going to drop back into an RPG-Fix. Haven't really decided yet.

Haven't seen my friends in over 6 months, I talk to people on Facebook sometimes, but not so much lately. It's the end of summer now, I'm just trying to figure out what comes next. I've been watching a lot of "TV" online/videos to pass the time. It's been so long since I've seen friends, I'm surprised I'm not more down. In the last maybe.. month, month and a half I was diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified. (PDD itself isn't a diagnosis). NOS is the diagnosis, basically, I share different characteristics with various spectral/autistic disorders like Aspergers. Definitely a lot for me to take in; it also makes a LOT of my life up to this point make sense... It's really hard for me to believe that I'll be 21 in January, 6 months, yeah, it's a fairly long time; hope my life's in a bit better shape by then.

Watched 5 entire seasons of Doctor Who.
Watched a little bit of TorchWood
Watched all (3)(?) seasons of Fringe
Caught on True Blood, Warehouse 13.
Starting "Haven".
Re-watching Hajime no Ippo
Re-watching Master Keaton
Watched; The A Team Yesterday, Great Movie!

I finished Anne Rice's BlackWood Farm a few days ago, it's been FOREVER since I actually finished a book. (Vampire Stuff). Weird ending...All of Rice's books always have some sort of redeeming/redemption quality to them, BlackWood farm was no different.

Hrm. Laters. ~ Watching/trying Haven

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hope you got the secret mission before you went to Char. Had to play the Char missions again since they wouldn't let me activate the secret mission through the archives after getting off the Hyperion. Pretty darn annoying, not having one of the missions done.

Well looking at benchmarks, the i7-720QM still out performs my i3-530(desktop) in CPU tasks even though it's a laptop cpu. Mine plays SCII pretty darn well even with an 8600 GTS. I don't see why, but you could turn down some of the CPU intensive stuff like reflections, effects, and physics if needed or perhaps it's more of a graphics thing? Don't know what graphics chip you have though.

D

Deleted User

OP
The GPU is an nVidia Geforce 240M (512mb). If I manage to get a job I'd love to upgrade it to a Mobility Radeon 5850 or a Geforce GTX 260M, but I don't see that happening... =/. No, I didn't get the secret mission (that's the one where you raid the radio towers(?). I did, however, kill that monstrous pirate battlecruiser. Man, that thing was a BEAST.

I'm not sure there's really a comparison between computer tasks and gaming tasks. When I think of computer tasks I think more along the lines of encoding and rendering (stuff that really makes use of the multiple cores). StarCraft II really didn't like having multiple Collosi and other heavily graphic-render units on the same screen shooting/moving at once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza