Oh GBA Everdrive, where art thou?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by garbanzox, Dec 19, 2014.

1. garbanzox
    OP

garbanzox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Hiccup likes this.
  2. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    i am already using an ez flash iv, but i will sell it as soon as gba everdrive is on sale. I did this for EMS 64 mbit gb flashkart vs. Everdrive GB.

3. garbanzox
    OP

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Is EZ Flash a pain in the ass to use? I'm spoiled by drag-and-drop flash carts.

I'm also not keen on risking my $ on eBay to buy what is almost certainly a fake miniSD card.

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    well not really a pain or anything, the pc converter program could have been programmed a little better

5. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    no it is not that hard. You have to use the ez flash iv client, it copies the roms to sd card after patching.

problems are, mini sd cards are getting harder to find, micro sd adapters have contact issues, ez flash client stops working once in a while, flashcart's build quality isn't great etc. an everdrive won't increase the game compatibility but it will solve all the issues i said above.

6. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    GBA carts are notoriously complicated. Remember the EZ Flash III was like $250? I think it's going to take a while but it will be worth the wait with drag and drop and sdhc

7. garbanzox
    OP

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Hmm, maybe I'll just stick with emulating games on my 2DS and see what comes of the Everdrive. Thanks!

8. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    garbanzox If i were you, i would buy an ez flash iv and sell it once gba everdrive hit the shelves. ez flash iv is the last decent gba flashcart still in production and who knows how long they will continue to produce it.