astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, you might have heard that I'm in our university's Pride organization. We have a staff meeting every weds. - at 4:00 pm, in the corner of the furthest building.

I have never been gay-bashed before, but today was just really upsetting. I don't wear any obvious "rainbow" colored stuff, but apparently, I'm recognized as one of the gay members of the club. Some idiot yelled "muff-muncher" and "dyke" at me, and I almost knocked his scrawny ass to the floor when I shoved past him. In high school, most people did the whisper thing and I basically ignored it - but this guy was an ass to bring it up.

Several events that are happening:

Pride Party: The last time we rented out our campus bar, nobody came. Usually, the campus bar is stuffed full of people, especially on a Saturday. The last time, it was like literally 20+ people who showed up, and apparently we made a profit on it. This year, we are doing a broadway theme and I have my costume partly ready, and I really don't want to don pantyhose of all things to do it. One of my friends is doing drag and showing up as Sweeney Todd! (She's looking for standard straight razors to add to her costume)

Movie Night: The movie this weekend is "Longtime Companion" - a title taken from the NY Times when they refused to acknowledge lesbian/gay relationships. It's about AIDS and the perspective that it gives throughout the evolution of the way people are treated.

Stamps: I've carved two stamps of our organization's logo, for use at the Pride Party. They will be used to control the amount of alcohol sold to whom, and it's interesting. Also, selling off the Tempy stamp --> $5 only - I will make more, maybe next week.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
syko5150 said:
i dont get why anyone has anything against gays...i have a lot of gay friends they're no different then anyone else
The same reason everyone was against black people. It's an easy sake goat and easy target.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
syko5150 said:
i dont get why anyone has anything against gays...i have a lot of gay friends they're no different then anyone else
The same reason everyone was against black people. It's an easy sake goat and easy target.
i have nothing against anyone i don't believe any way of life is right or wrong people should just do whatever they feel is right whether or not society sees it as right or wrong shouldn't matter

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
syko5150 said:
syko5150 said:
i have nothing against anyone i don't believe any way of life is right or wrong people should just do whatever they feel is right whether or not society sees it as right or wrong shouldn't matter
If only there were more logical thinking people like you

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
syko5150 said:
If only there were more logical thinking people like you
i just don't like to see people forced to live a certain way to make others happy i don't care what sexuality you are,what religion you believe in(if any) life is short live however it is you want to.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you. I think the gay community needs more people like you...who really cares about what people do in bed with other people? I don't care what my straight friends do in bed, so why does the spotlight have to be on what I do with my girlfriend?

Thank you.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
astrangeone said:
Thank you. I think the gay community needs more people like you...who really cares about what people do in bed with other people? I don't care what my straight friends do in bed, so why does the spotlight have to be on what I do with my girlfriend?

Thank you.
I second that
EDIT side note: Just for me, boyfriend and not girlfriend

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
astrangeone said:

Thank you.

my uncle and his friends are all gay and before i left the US i was a season ticket holder to the Los Angeles Dodgers and they would go with me to almost every game they're just as fun to hang out with as anyone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.