Hacking Oh crap. I'm an idiot. :( just wiped sysnand without an emunand.

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So... yeah. I thought that tinyformat would create me an emunand, went ahead and did it... and it obviously just zeroed the nand.

I'm a total tool :(

I seem to have a nand backup from after I did the system transfer to my new 3DS last year, and have all my microsd stuff backed up, but what I don't have now is cubic ninja. :(

What's my best bet to getting my nand flashed back? probably that gateway software? god only knows how I'll boot that without having anything hackable to boot now. :(

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... yeah. I thought that tinyformat would create me an emunand, went ahead and did it... and it obviously just zeroed the nand.

I seem to have a nand backup from after I did the system transfer to my new 3DS last year, and have all my microsd stuff backed up, but what I don't have now is cubic ninja. :(

What's my best bet to getting my nand flashed back? probably that gateway software? god only knows how I'll boot that without having anything hackable to boot now. :(
Tiny format bricked your 3ds? Have you tried booting without sd?

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to ask the probability of ending up with a bricked 3ds in the process of getting the otp(writed in this thread as it was the first related one that I jave found)

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to ask the probability of ending up with a bricked 3ds in the process of getting the otp(writed in this thread as it was the first related one that I jave found)
This thread is in no way related to Otp, but to answer your question if you don't know what your doing brick chance is high if you do know what your doing its small but can still happen

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Does the 3DS boot at all? If not, then I think your only option is a hard mod...

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This thread is in no way related to Otp, but to answer your question if you don't know what your doing brick chance is high if you do know what your doing its small but can still happen
So if I do everything right I have some chances of bricking it?

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
9.2, and I have a 9.2 nand backup. it's an N3DS. I'm just wondering what my options are for hacking it again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think you might be able to use Gateway software to restore your NAND dump, then.

Yeah, I have no clue how to access that without cubic ninja though :(

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, not zeroed, just back to stock 9.2.
Ok so use browserhax to install menuhax and put you favorited cfw on sd card with ctrbootmanger boot.3dsx and profit. Basically just follow the guide. Or if you have a nand backup boot up homebrew launcher launch decrypt9 and restore nand

Sumsquat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Open Gateway through Browser -> format EmuNand
Open Browserhax -> Setup Themehax
Launch rxTools/reiNand/whatever through Themehax

Greetings

Reactions: AlanWeird

Site & Scene News