oh crap. i think i may have done something wrong

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by misticknight, Sep 2, 2006.

1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    i tried deleting YuGiOh from my card through DSOrganize only to find out when i turn it back on its still there. so i the microSD into my card reader and tried deleting it through the computer but it gives a msg "Failed to Optimise: Folder Not Empty" everytime i try to delete. i look insde and the files (.dsq and .sav)are still there.....both at 0kb each and if i delete them through the fodler it works but when i go back and come back in the files are magically back. surprisingly the game still works when i play it but still, i want it removed from my card, i dont wanna see it. is there anyway i can do this, i have a feeling i have to format my card again but i really dont want to.

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    there is some off chance you can fix this by running chkdsk on it by going to command prompt and type "chkdsk /f [driverletter]:" to fix the corruption. Then it might try to recover some lost chains or whatever was wrong with the structure....just go into the root and delete the folders chkdsk created (recovered data supposedly) and then to double check, run chkdsk on your card again to make sure no more corruption exists. While this in theory works ok, there are still chances that corruption may exist elsewhere and formatting is the safest way. But judging from the situation, the chkdsk method will work fine for you.

3. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    i tried that it keeps telling me "access denied".

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    make sure you don't have any windows open off the card (if for some funny reason it locks the card) and that the write tab is in the enabled position on the microsd card converter.

5. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    k thanks i'll try that out, just gotta wiat for my little bro to finish he's in a game of MP:H online now. i'll let you know what happens.

6. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    i tried that and it didnt work but then i went into the options of the drive and noticed this "error-checking" option. so i clicked on check and voila, it worked! after that it deleted fine. thanks for the help anyways man.

7. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    you used some form of scandisk probably....which is basically windows version of chkdsk (dos based)....before scandisk was command based but they changed it over to a native implementation in windows. I'm glad everything worked out for you.