Oh boy, my Creative Vision M arrived....

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, Dec 20, 2006.

Dec 20, 2006
  1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Thanks to some suggestions from GBAtemp, I asked my sis for a Creative Vision M. One of the things that pushed me into getting it is the ability to play DIVX and a range of other format. Imagine my disappointment when I tried to drag a video clip into the player and it refused. It even refused the MP4 that I encoded for the PSP. I know there's a video converter in the CD that came with the player but I was wondering if there are other converters that do a better job than the official one?

2. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    Did you read that it could play DIVX on the official site or elsewhere? If it was on the official site I wouldn't be too happy.

3. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom

4. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I watch a fair amount of anime and sometimes catching up on TV shows I missed due to me working via stuff I downloaded by torrent. I think it's because more and more "exotic" codecs are being used to try and get better file size while retaining quality. But seriously, the fact that it wouldn't play any of the AVI I threw at it kinda disappointed me. Still, at least I have 30gb to store music and data. Still don't like how it doesn't come with an adapter to charge via a power point and I need the USB cable to charge.

5. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    That was done to cut the cost back $50 bucks by not including a $30 adapter. As far as your Divx problem check out epiZENter.net
    Very helpful site indeed [​IMG]

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Try a Firmware update? Also there's some stuff about video problems on the Creative support forums, try looking there. Someone mentioned Xilisoft video converter as a good conversion program. http://www.zurvan.ws/Zen_Vision_M.htm might help with the video requirements, but its a review so dont know how accurate the details are.

For a mains adapter try Creative's online shop. They often do pretty good bundle deals on accessories, so it can sometimes work out cheaper than other stores if you want more than one thing. [​IMG]

7. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I wanted to bring this back cause I now have a Zen Vision W. Ive shot some anime and TV shows at it and they work perfectly. Have you got your problem resolved yet Harsky? I threw some Bleach [Lunar] at it and it didnt even convert (I used "auto-convert if necessary" for my media browser settings on provided software).

And also, what firmware version are you running on your ZVM30?

8. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    yeah, I realised that I was meant to transfer the AVIS using the media browser on the CD that was included. So far, I threw on some Venture Bros and it just transfered all of them okay... well, apart from one episode but that was fixed when I used the Iriverter to convert it. I still haven't gotten round to upgrading the firmware yet but unless the next firmware allows MORE format to play, then I'm still happy with my current firmware. Subtitles on some anime I put on it is still readable... but only just but I think that on long journeys, this will be a life saver from boredom.

9. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    I use ImTOO Mpeg to Avi converter to keep everything in good quality, not that WMV shit.
    Mine's broken now though, unknown cause.

Q~