OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys kiafazool here
recently my mom told me that she was to gift my little cousin a ds and told me to find someone selling a ds
so because my cousing is a BIG FREAK of pokemon ( i have pokemon firered, emerald, and yellow) , i have decided to give him my ds lite ( so he could play the pokemon cartridges) and buy a dsi or dsi xl
so which one is better?
dsi or dsixl??????
i will be using a dstwo when it comes out
and will preorder it

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, DSi XLs have big screens bit are FREAKING HUGE!! The original DSi has a little bit smaller screens but is the size of a DSL. So it's up to you.

I have a DSi, but only because I didn't know about the DSi XL at the time. If I could get a full refund on my DSi and get an XL i would.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither is better. XL is just bigger. Its personal preference. Do you want a bigger DSi? I'd try both before making a decision. Ask a store clerk if you can see them. I personally do believe I can see pixelation in the XL, I know everyone thinks thats impossible, but I really see that the pixels are bigger in the XL.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i think im going to stick with dsi
just because i have to order a dstwo also with a 4gb card and premium service (shoptemp) which total's up to 55.22$
im going to get a dsi second hand but brand new in box which will be 150$
so if i add the 55.22 and 150
its already 205.22 which is ALOT for me anyways
can you guys please help me find a cheaper total
like help me find a dsi cheap or dstwo cheap
or give me a discount code for shoptemp (or another website)
that will be greatful

Samik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you are using dsi everywhere then i would suggest dsi normal....if you are home sitting on a couch the dsi xl...but its your money
biggrin.gif
i hove normal dsi...but now i would go with dsi xl

2stepsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As said it boils down to where you will be using it. You will be hard pressed to fit a DSi XL in your jean pocket as the thing is massive in comparison to the DSi.

Personally I would choose the DSi it has a good balance of screen size and portability for when travelling.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSi XL is better in my opinion. Everything is easier to see, using the touchscreen is easier (more accurate), it looks better (shiny top), and it comes in an awesome two tone color (if you don't mind the dark brownish color). Plus, who puts their DS in their pocket? I don't. And even if I did, It'd fit in my pocket with no problem (except it's a little uncomfortable).

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
The DSi XL is better in my opinion. Everything is easier to see, using the touchscreen is easier (more accurate), it looks better (shiny top), and it comes in an awesome two tone color (if you don't mind the dark brownish color). Plus, who puts their DS in their pocket? I don't. And even if I did, It'd fit in my pocket with no problem (except it's a little uncomfortable).
I agree with this, unless you are using it solely for on the go

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i would go for the dsi, since its much more portable and its basically the same thing
if only the XL was more portable then that would be my pick but paying alot more for a bigger size and screens is not worth it

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
YayMii said:
I agree with this, unless you are using it solely for on the go
Me too it has less stress on the eyes , better grip ...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always get a DSL for cheap... since u'd rather get dsi caz of price. The 3DS is probably gonna come out this year/early next year anyway...

Besides, none of the flashcarts even use the dsi's cameras or SD card slot yet.

But if you really want the DSiWare or browser or w/e just read all the above comments

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."