ogm files

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by link907, Jul 8, 2008.

Jul 8, 2008

ogm files by link907 at 6:58 PM (925 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. link907
    OP

Member link907 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i can't get a strait awanser on how to remover the subtitals

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    y would u use ogm files anywayz o.o

3. link907
    OP

United States
    not me choice i downloaded full s-cry-ed series all in ogm

4. KDH

Member KDH GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It depends on if the subs were overlayed on the video stream when it was encoded, or set up as an additional stream.

If they were overlayed then there's nothing you can do, if not then there should be an option to turn them off in your player (assuming you're not using WMP). If you already knew that and actually want to get rid of them entirely you'll need something like mencoder or ffmpeg that will let you copy selected streams and discard all others.

5. link907
    OP

United States
    if i played them in dvd player could i turn them off i can in wmp

how do u use program to single out stream

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    +1 to the hardcodes versus softsubs thing. ogm is a container format much like mkv in that it can support extra streams (one of the reasons it became the standard for high end anime encodes at one point, the other was quality and stream support which I skip here).
    Also ditch WMP for anything other than the basic AVI stuff (and I would drop it for avi as well) and get something like CCCP (linked in my signature).

Hardcoded streams. As KDH says they are "burned" into the picture and are not able to be removed (ostensibly done to prevent copying, in actuality it only takes an extra minute or two to work around).
    You can however abuse the logo removal features of stuff like FFDshow as a kludge fix (especially if the subs appear at least partially over the black edges which I have seen more than once).

Softsubs (possible)
    A few things, is there a green arrow in the system tray when playing? This is vobsub (or directvobsub) and is probably responsible for your subtitles (most old anime packs, now CCCP and most other codec packs use it). A right click should be able to sort it. FFDshow might also have the sub filter from that (double click the black or red coloured FF in the system tray).