Hardware OG PS Vita battery life vs slim

MrMuscle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Guys, i got a used OG Ps vita that used since mid year of 2014 and after testing playing galgun till it dying i got around 4 1/2 - 5 hours of gameplay with 0 brightness and airplane mode on plus sound at 80%, is the battery still good?

I'm thinking upgrading to slim, with brightness on 30% and airplane mode how long i got with the slim?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
yes thats good, i had the fat one but gave it away, and recently got myself a slim i can tell you there is not a huge difference in battery life.

i did not notice it, maybe 30 min more battery life is on the slim.

overall the fat vita is alot better than the slim version, the only thing i really like more about the slim are the buttons (defintely not the shoulder buttons, they are as horrid as on the fat vita) but i mean the on Xsquare etc/ start select especially.

other than that, fat vita > slim (and the oled is gorgeous) .

MrMuscle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah , i want the slim cause of the better 1-2 hour battery life, but i read the LCD screen other than washed out color have some ghosting problem? my phone is note 4 and it's use a super amoled screen so i'm getting used to oled type screen

MrMuscle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well i sold my ps vita phat and brought the slim model here's why :

The og ps vita battery life is around 3 hour with max and 4 hour with min setting, while ps vita slim can withstand 5 hour with max setting and 6 hour with low setting,this is already better

Another thing is about battery, you need to replace your battery to sony which they cost high and will update your vita to 3.61. So the only thing you can use is the OEM battery, the slim is easier to change than og ps vita. With the OEM battery you expect battery life will be lower than the original so in the future if you use OEM battery i predicted the battery life will around :

OG : max setting 2-3 hour min setting 4 hour
Slim : max setting 4-5 hour min setting 5-6 hour

Hope will helo future member or reader :D

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Phat edition of the vita has one main advantage. That awesome OLED screen. This makes the LED screen of the Slim Vita look poor in comparison.
However not comparing both of these devices, the Slim Vita LED display is not bad at all.

Also the OLED display may be more prone to suffer from Burn-ins as well as irregularity of colors later on down the line.. LED should be more robust in comparison.

As a gaming device, i guess main priority is also the battery, Battery life on the Slim is marginally longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse