Gaming OFW+CFW Region Based

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago i was looking for ofw3.55 and well i found it. During my search I read peoples concerns about different region fw and it was mentioned that ps3fw are universal. The same firmware installed on a European console is the same as installed on an American console. While reading a thread on psx-scene someone mentioned the patch for a certain popular cfw may have patches just for their region which would be PAL.

I need to know if there are different fw for other regions as im NTSC or does it matter other then the 256nand people have been having problems with. If it doesnt matter and they are universal it would be great i know i can check md5 but that does not seem to provide enough evidence for me to know about regions and ps3fw.

Common sense would tell me yes but there is incorrect information in some places. Thanks in advance.

Solution
The firmware is universal at least for us and europe I dont know about other regions.
If it helps im running Kmeaw cfw 3.55 on a release phat 60gb console and it runs perfect.

exorcist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The firmware is universal at least for us and europe I dont know about other regions.
If it helps im running Kmeaw cfw 3.55 on a release phat 60gb console and it runs perfect.

Solution
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Wee wee