Gaming OFW 6.00 released

BKZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Heads up, guys! Firmware 6.00 for the PSP has now been released by Sony. You can now download it via the Network Update. No word yet on what the changes are, but we'll be sure to keep you updated on this as we dig up more info.

For quicker navigation, just click on the source link below.

Thanks to tipsters 300zxtt0 and EXTER!

anyone willing to find out what new features there are?

source: http://www.qj.net/PSP-FW-6-00-now-out-/pg/49/aid/134411

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
* PlayStation Store Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on their expire date under [GAME]
* Importing of playlists from the Media GO! applications is now supported under Music
* Under [Settings] > [Network Update] has been changed to [System Update]
* The number of Colors that can be selected under [Settings] > [Theme Settings] has been increased
* In [Display Panel Close Options] under [Settings] > [System Settings], the design for the [Standard] option has been changed
* The PSP GO! system can now connect to the Internet via a Bluetooth modem such as a mobile phone
*Revisions to strengthen security has been added. (Internet Browser)

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
* Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on their expire date under [Game].

* Under [Settings], [Network Update] has been changed to [System Update]. Under [System Update], you can now choose how to update the system software.

* The number of colors that can be selected under [Settings] > [Theme Settings] has been increased.

* Revisions to strengthen security have been added. (Internet Browser)

Hidden

* Folder Icons for music, videos, and photos have been changed.

* Battery Icon bars now move side to side when charging.

* Photos now show every info about the file

* Under [Theme Settings] > [Background], it now shows a preview on the background

* Version info on a game shows up

* "Help" area Now only shows buttons

*When using a file in videos, music, or photos. It now says "XMB" instead of "Home"

Apparently this? I'm too lazy to look for myself. Credits to random qj.net user.

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope theres an m33 version of this soon
frown.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
As a user on another forum I go to said, DAX can't just keep skipping firmwares just because he doesn't feel like the features are worth it. Soon the games that you can't play on M33 FW will get ridiculous.

caffeinekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dudeonline said:
As a user on another forum I go to said, DAX can't just keep skipping firmwares just because he doesn't feel like the features are worth it. Soon the games that you can't play on M33 FW will get ridiculous.

Why can't he keep skipping updates and not make a new CFW? He doesn't owe us or anyone anything.

I would like him to make a 6.00 m33, it would be very appreciated, but I won't demand it or say "what's he playing at!?" because he's just a guy and if he does it or doesn't do it it's up to him.

I'm a freeware game dev and if people thought I owed them because I have released stuff in the past I would be a bit miffed to say the least.

People code/hack for a hobby and for their own reasons, he's not a charity and he's not owned by us.
biggrin.gif

Just saying, like.
smile.gif

Now... come on Alex, get your arse in gear. Chop chop. LOL

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be cool if he just release something that told others how he hacked the firmware, then another group could pick up his work and keep releasing new cfw. If he's so tired of people liking his work and wanting him to continue, at least leave something for us to use, rather than leaving us with a giant middle finger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol