Hacking Question OFW 12.0.0 update. AMS 0.18.1lE

bad3ip420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So update just went live. Instead of the rumored 11.4.0, it jumped straight to 12.0. Safe to update or wait for news? I'm hesitant right now as it might break my cfw/saves. Any help or guides out there?

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So update just went live. Instead of the rumored 11.4.0, it jumped straight to 12.0. Safe to update or wait for news? I'm hesitant right now as it might break my cfw/saves. Any help or guides out there?
I'd wait rill more info comes out

Noimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't update yet. Wait till the latest Atmosphere + Sig Patches and all the other updates come through. I would wait a whole week after release prior to updating. If the games you're playing don't require it then don't update it at this time.

D

Deleted User

afaik atmosphere needs to be rewritten a lot so you should wait to update if you want to use AMS :o

bad3ip420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks everyone!

Question, If I update my legit switch. Can I still play Diablo 3 local multiplayer on my legit 12.0 switch with my 11.0.1 sysnand switch?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
At the very least you need new sig patches, usually a new Atmosphere version is needed as well. General rule of thumb is to only update when a game/update/DLC needs it, there's no reason to update to the latest on emuNAND, and sometimes there are issues with latest FW on CFW even after Atmosphere is updated to support it, so it's safer to stay behind.
You can safely update your OFW sysNAND if you have an RCM exploitable Switch though.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question as after setting up emuMMC Atmosphere there wasn't any update for me yet. Can I update my sysMMC safely and just keep my emuMMC on 11.x?

Ill87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question as after setting up emuMMC Atmosphere there wasn't any update for me yet. Can I update my sysMMC safely and just keep my emuMMC on 11.x?

I just did it by mistake, thought it was a game update but updated sysnand to 12.0 with emunand 11.0.1 .... :toot:

Now I can no longer start the sysnand through hekate, only normal boot without rcm works...
(emunand on 11.0.1 still work)

Now waiting for atmosphere update :bow:

Last edited by Ill87,

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
I just did it by mistake, thought it was a game update but updated sysnand to 12.0 with emunand 11.0.1 .... :toot:

Now I can no longer start the sysnand through hekate, only normal boot without rcm ...

Now waiting for atmosphere update :bow:

So does this update stop 11.01 emunand working?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never update.... it's the rule nr.1 with homebrews.
Just wait for news...
Completely disagree. RCM exploit on nintendo switch is privileged enough and easy enough to let you update your sysnand whenever you want and still be able to load other OS from the sdcard.

I wouldnt even trade not being able to use my switch online on OFW for a software coldboot exploit, rcm is easy and convenient.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone!

Question, If I update my legit switch. Can I still play Diablo 3 local multiplayer on my legit 12.0 switch with my 11.0.1 sysnand switch?

I was just told it will work but idk how you modded your switch if you did everything correctly it should work. If you update your SYSNAND normally yes you would burn fuses like a normal switch. If you updated your sysnand abnormally you might experience problems.

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Firmware 12.0.0 is available for download (317.0M).
I first upgraded to Atmosphère 0.19.1 alongside with hekate v5.5.5 & Nyx v1.0.2.
After that I used Daybreak to update from firmware 11.0.1 to firmware 12.0.0.
Using the appropriate sigpatches I did not experience any problems with games. Though some of the homebrew apps may experience problems.

p1O8Ydm.jpg

And after the update(s).
hKwskQs.jpg

Last edited by Theone5000,

Escape1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My switch is always offline and running from sysNAND, the easiest way to update is using Daybreak I assume ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi