Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
screenshot-2b.PNG

Because of lack of suggestions, I am only updating this tool with things that I use personally. If no one suggests anything, then releases will continue to be like this (hint, hint).[/p]

changelog said:
v2.1 Beta: (2011-3-15) [Released 4-23-2011 because no one ever suggests anything, so I forgot about it]
-Remembers Open/Save dialog locations separately (unfortunately, only for the current session)
-Improved stability of reading game names of multi-save save files (ex Mario.1.sav, Other Game Name.7.sav)

icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
Official Download
icon11.gif
Filetrip Download

The moral of this post? Start suggesting: new features, bug fixes, easter eggs, etc, so the update will be big enough to actually deserve a front page post.

Random: I added this a while ago (should work on the version before this): Ask it if it is easter. *wonders if anyone will find it*
[Edit]: I had an outdated file in the old download. It is now fixed if your copy has "(Real)" in the filename.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you put a limit to it? or is it going to be as much saves as we have?

oh, and please let it be drag and drop
biggrin.gif

evandixon

PMD Researcher
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
would you put a limit to it? or is it going to be as much saves as we have?

oh, and please let it be drag and drop
biggrin.gif
The limit will be as many as possible until the program crashes from lack of memory.

As for drag and drop, I'll have to look up on how to do that, but I do plan on being able to set some individual properties on each file (not nessessarily being in the same directory). If you select a DS ROM, then it will try and find all saves that go with that ROM.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Great work on this! I remember years back when I first got into the DS flashcart scene and I used Shunyweb all the time. It's AWESOME to have a good offline version of that now, years later.
happy.gif

I know a suggestion. You know the "Action Replay MAX DUO dock"?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1e-49-en-70-mkl.html

It's an awesome device I used to have and I forgot what save type it supports, but I ALWAYS wanted a way to convert those saves into flashcart compatible saves offline. I don't know where mine went, hopefully I can find it...

If you could add support for it that would be awesome.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Great work on this! I remember years back when I first got into the DS flashcart scene and I used Shunyweb all the time. It's AWESOME to have a good offline version of that now, years later.
happy.gif

I know a suggestion. You know the "Action Replay MAX DUO dock"?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1e-49-en-70-mkl.html

It's an awesome device I used to have and I forgot what save type it supports, but I ALWAYS wanted a way to convert those saves into flashcart compatible saves offline. I don't know where mine went, hopefully I can find it...

If you could add support for it that would be awesome.
It should already support that format. I would think that "Action Replay MAX" is no different than the "Action Replay MAX Duo", if it is a different device.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Save File Formats
Action Replay DSi
Action Replay Media Edition
Acekard 2
Acekard RPG
AKAIO
EZ Flash V
RAW Format
CycloDS
EGDE
M3 Simply
NinjaDS
R4
Supercard CF
Supercard DSONE
Supercard SD
Top Toy DS
M3 DS Real
G6 DS Real
DeSmuMe

I didn't see Action Replay MAX on there, so I didn't know it had support for it. I just saw DSi and Media and I know those are not the same.

AH. I see. I started it up and saw, it IS supported. Thanks.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
twiztidsinz said:
Make it faster?

When I used it, it took a while to open.

Lol that's a good one. I thought it crashed on startup for a minute.
That's odd.
Starts fine on my computer. Perhaps memory, processing power, or hard drive speed could influence it.
Are you running on 32 bit Windows perhaps?

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.... I deleted it and re-extracted it while running VLC media player, Firefox, and Photoshop CS5 and it opens in a half a second now. >_>

I guess it was only the first time I opened it, I can't seem to recreate the slow startup.

I guess it's better that way
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Official download link is 'broken':
Code:
http://saves.uniquegeeks.net/index/saves/Offline NDS Save Converter 2.1 Beta.zip"

Also, it seems to be fast now... kinda anyway.
First run takes ~10 seconds to start up, second took ~3 seconds, after that it's ~1 second (for both 'regular' and classic).
Windows 7 32bit

evandixon

PMD Researcher
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Official download link is 'broken':
Code:
http://saves.uniquegeeks.net/index/saves/Offline NDS Save Converter 2.1 Beta.zip"

Also, it seems to be fast now... kinda anyway.
First run takes ~10 seconds to start up, second took ~3 seconds, after that it's ~1 second (for both 'regular' and classic).
Windows 7 32bit
Fixed the link.
And as for the startup time, it may be the .Net Framework. When you run a program written with the .Net Framwork, it really compiles in the background on the client machine before running it (which is how this will run in 32 bit or 64 bit depending on the client machine). I would guess that the 10 seconds is the compile time, and the reduced time is probably a cache of the compiled program. That's my guess anyway...

MeRandom: I added this a while ago (should work on the version before this): Ask it if it is easter. *wonders if anyone will find it*

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got two suggestions:

1. Make an option for overwriting the original file, so that you don't have to browse for a new location to save the converted file to (might be handy for people who get their saves from gamefaqs or other sites)

2. Make it compatible with file association, so that you can double-click on your save file in explorer, and load the save already in the program, instead of searching for the save every time in the dialog box.

Other than that, nice work, i don't really have a use to it to be frank, but it really looks nice and it works good as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1