1. NintendoFan3DS

NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland

karl3ds is antypiracy, this is usless for somone who want to use this like gateway

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

he said he is using sky3ds, karl3ds devs have already said they will not be doing anything to prevent sky3ds users reaping the benefits of a free cfw with region free and emunand capabilities......so for sky3ds users who don't want to update, karl3ds will be a nice haven for them

gateway users can already use xenoblade already and already have region free and emunand.......karl offers pretty much nothing gateway users dont already have

3. Kumadoken

Kumadoken Member
    Newcomer

4. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    And firmware 9.4. If you're on a lower firmware with a Sky you have to update. At least, that's what this thread has taught me.

5. Kumadoken
    This message by Kumadoken has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Apr 3, 2015, Reason: Selling outside of trading forum.
    Apr 2, 2015
  6. Fatalanus

Fatalanus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Romania
    So guys! Anyone get any news about a .cia version? Did you succeed in some stuff with the new card?

7. froggydarren
    This message by froggydarren has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 2, 2015, Reason: ROM request.
    Apr 2, 2015
  8. JustPingo

JustPingo GBAtemp Fan

France
    Website are never truly blocked. Just use some encrypted proxy services or Tor Network (but don't download with them, just grab the links).

9. froggydarren
    This message by froggydarren has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 2, 2015, Reason: Hope it was worth the warning.
    Apr 2, 2015
  10. anon1234

anon1234 Member
    Newcomer

Can I use Sky3DS on Gateway's Emunand? I don't want to update my Sysnand to 9.4 or 9.6.

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

no, not unless you own a gateway card to get into classic mode, but that would be a pretty backwards approach

12. bytor

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Can someone help me out with this .cia business please..?

I've downloaded Big Blue Menu and put the .3ds file and the .cia file for it on the micro-SD card in my Gateway flashcart. I've pressed Select' to bring up the ROMS and have run it and I get a white screen with a load of info.

I've got CTR CARD highlighted and the top screen says the Product Code is BigBlueMenu and the media is CTR CARD.

I've also got Browser for EU highlighted in red so I'm assuming that I shouldn't go anywhere near it on my New 3DS lol.

Do I just press A with CTR CARD highlighted..? That should install the .cia file of Big Blue Menu, right..?

And then I can copy the folder for the Xenoblade Chronicles update onto my Gateway SD card and install it from my 3DS..?

I don't know what I'm doing lol

13. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Go into the SDMC tab.

14. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The 3ds goes on gateway's sd card, the cia goes on the internal sd card.

15. bytor

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Okay, thanks guys. I also have my Xenoblade ROM as a 3dz file with a private header (am doing this for every ROM I have). Will I need to change that to a 3ds file again before I apply the update..?

16. smasbros

smasbros GBAtemp Regular

the sky3ds has released template file for "Xenoblade Chronicles (JP)", anyone test it?

17. Alucardj77

Alucardj77 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Xenoblade works great on Gateway with a N3DS 9.0.0-22E Emunand,i wait for 9.6 support update from GW team :)

18. 4ur0r

4ur0r GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Maybe it has just been asked (and replied) but I couldn't find it: what happens if you start the game (with Gateway) on an OLD 3DS?

19. night_hawk

night_hawk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    A popup will informe you that the software il only for new 3ds

4ur0r likes this.
  20. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I can't believe how many people think Nintendo would just arbitrarily make standard 3DS software as N3DS-only. The N3DS has two additional cores as well double the system RAM. Even if you could patch the system check that keeps you from attempting to run it, it wouldn't just run sluggishly- it would just crash. Rewriting 3DS software to use less memory and a single core is beyond the scope of a simple patch. Not saying it's not possible but it's never going to happen

2Hack likes this.
  21. bytor

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Are you sure about two additional cores..? Thought the only difference (and it is a significant difference) was a higher clock for the CPU. It does have twice the RAM though.

22. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's not a higher clock, the clock speed is the same. The N3DS has a quad core processor (with the same speed) whereas the OG3DS is a dual core. It makes compatibility a lot more simple since old games will just use less cores with the same clock speed

Edit: What really happens is OG3DS games effectively use 1 core where N3DS games will use 2 cores. 1 core is reserved for system software on the OG, and 1 core is reserved for face-tracking on the New3DS. So what you end up with is 2 cores reserved on New and 1 core reserved on OG. But the N3DS still has 1 additional core for games, which is certainly being used for a game as complex as Xenoblade

I wonder if theoretically it is possible to boot directly into a game like Xenoblade without reserving 1 core for the system. If that were possible then the only hurdle would be the memory difference (which I suspect is still a substantial problem)

23. RennyFlame

RennyFlame Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

Not to mention, there's also twice the amount of RAM, twice the amount of VRAM, the GPU clock speed has been doubled, and I believe that the CPU clock speed has been doubled too.

Looks like the clock speed between both are the same, huh. Could have sworn I read something about the GPU clock being higher.

24. Tclarke94
    This message by Tclarke94 has been removed from public view by Veho, Apr 3, 2015, Reason: No asking for copyrighted materials.
    Apr 3, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chronicles, Xenoblade, Official