Official "What did you get for *Insert Holiday Here*?" Thread

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
Me I got:

• Some new, sexy headphones (Man, music sounds a whole lot better)
  • Pac Man toys (They sit with the rest of my gaming cabinet!)
  • A NES Controller T-Shirt (I may just wear my cheap, Angry Birds shirt in front of my "girlfriend")
  • Sonic The Hedgehog Wallet (With a wrist-band thingy I can never seem to identify)
Man, would I have loved a NDS flashcard collection... Aw well!

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love the title of the thread, as if the OP is hoping this thread will get stickied.

Also, imo, I think a lot of people on this site are spoiled rotten.
Yeah I find getting one gift is enough. Hell, sometimes I don't even get gifts in some christmas but spending time with my family is enough for me. XD

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dood, I bet a game of Cards Against Humanity with Guild and Gahars would be hilarious.

So some of my family pooled their money and got something that I've wanted for years: A 32" LCD TV :yay:
Three pairs of tough jeans
and an adjustable wrench that doesn't look particularly useful....but that's okay. I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

In a few days I plan to get one present for myself: an electronic cigarette kit. (not one of the cheap ones you see in convenience stores) Maybe 2013 will be smoke-free for me.

Reactions: 431unknown

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Small haul this year, will get more in cash at Chinese New Year, but hey, I don't mind. Gifts are gifts :)

Got myself a whole bunch of stuff from Steam as well, so I'm a happy camper.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought myself some Sennheiser HD202 Headphones, an HTC One V, Torchlight 2, and some MEElectronics earbuds.

Edit: and a guitar cable

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh this already got to five pages...

Let's see.

-Tool bag, and a few tools from Harbor freight (tape measure, 4 interchangeable head hammer, safety goggles)
-Craftsman 3/8" corded drill
-Some sweets
-Hess truck (kinda a tradition in my house, we just get them)
-SodaStream machine
-Platter of assorted dried fruits (family gift exchange on Christmas Eve)
-A considerable amount of money (almost $400)
-My boss got me/rest of Electronics team each a gift bag with a few candy bars and a $25 Wawa gift card

I'm more excited with what I got the rest of my family:
Mom- 9pk whiskey stones (she indulges in a few glasses of wine every once in a while but always puts ice in it, so I figured I'd see how well these work for her without watering it down)
Dad- FM transmitter for his phone (he drives a truck with a crane on it delivering building supplies, and has recently discovered how much he likes Pandora now that he has a smartphone)
Mom+Dad- Raspberry Pi + all necessary cables to hook it to their TV via composite (no HDMI on their tv :( ) as well as a Logitech K400r keyboard with built in trackpad (I plan to use this to stream video and music from my server to the living room TV and stereo for them)
Little brother- Supercard DSTWO and 1600 Microsoft Points
Girlfriend - LG BP200 Bluray player, last 3 Harry Potter Blurays (Order of the Phoenix, Deathly Hallows part 1/2), 3' slim HDMI cable, mini Displayport to HDMI+sound adapter for her Macbook Pro (she has one already but it doesn't have sound capability so she's using a shitty aux cable as well)

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a Playstation Vita (AC Liberation Bundle), the Doctor Who card game, Spiderman Monopoly, some really nice Coach sneakers and a purse, a bottle of Pinkie Pie My Little Pony bodywash, an MLP shirt and sweatshirt, and a bunch of other random clothes. XD All for the holiday and my birthday combined... XD

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got precisely what I said I would get in another thread many weeks ago: lots of sleep. 12 hours, to be precise.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U Deluxe

Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition

New Super Mario Brothers U

32GB Product Red iPod Touch 5th Gen

Bluetooth Keyboard

Moga Android controller

Cover for my Nexus 7

and a few other odds and ends...

:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a good night everyone.