"Official" Video Games Sales charts

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
OP
Trophies
XP
With next gen annoucements I'm reading tons os bullshit more than I'm used to. As GBATemp is becoming more and more an information forum I suggest one little add on. An "official" sales chart on front page with monthly charts and history totals charts.

I'm not telling here, or anywhere, that sales is a measure of quality, or even a measure of success but I know that people that not reasearch about it will come with sales argument every single day. So if there is a chart on front page, or on an addon page you just show them.

GBATemp has not this information, so if you like this idea, people should discuss what would be the most reliable source of this "scoreboard" and use it as standard.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generally we have discouraged general sales numbers being reported as news as it leads nowhere good, spikes/unexpected performances, recalls/exchanges, new models/addons and more are free to be reported upon and there is the occasional slim exception for post Christmas/end of financial year stuff but sales numbers themselves are only useful if you plan on stocking the things or investing in the company or a component source for the company.
Similarly a lot of the useful sales data (VGchartz is not useful) is paid for data and unable to be disseminated to all and sundry if you do pay for it. Worse is many companies only offer shipped numbers which are borderline useless.

Reactions: Rydian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P