Hacking OFFICIAL Review of the EZ Flash Vi!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually yeah i did but sorry, this section needs some love
smile.gif

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just got an EZ-Flash Vi and am running it with a DS Lite.

I downloaded the appropriate software from the EZ-Flash website, but my Moonshell appears to be the one you disparage in your review:

QUOTE said:
The Moonshell 1 loader was horrible! It was really clunky and hard to navigate. There was lag on the menu. Games took forever to load. When you start the cart, you wait for a nasty information scrolling screen to pass. So ugly.

Where can I get the 2.0 Beta, and is there any trick to installing it?

Thanks!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I got it -- it's in your review! I just downloaded it and replaced the bin and Moonshell folder on the SD root.

MUCH better! Bravo!

This card is a real step up from my old R4 so far. The thing I really hated about the R4 was the 2 gig max on the SD card -- I was always having to take stuff off. No problem here. This guy goes up to 32 gig, but I can't afford one that big. I'm using an 8, which is plenty big for my purposes.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you have a zoom on your camera just get back some feets and then zoom and your pictures will be OK

LOL I spent a good hour tinkering with the camera to find a good angle. This is one of the reasons why I was never gonna be a full photographer when I grow up.
tongue.gif

QUOTEIn what way is the review "official"?
Well, it was gonna be the first Vi review on DSDatabase, because EZ Flash Vi was never officially reviewed on DSDatabase, and I'm PV's partner when it comes to reviews, so ermmmm yeah, I don't know if that sums anything up for you...

kronas

Trophies
XP
Country
i have to say a well balanced review yeh the photography sucks
ph34r.gif
kidding nicely done, to be honest this is a underated card, i have done a few for freinds and family and the reliability is superb, the new packaging looks funky aslong as the card continues to grow in features and compatability it will hopefully get the recognition it deserves one day!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know the photos suck. I tried really hard though, but nothing seemed to work for me. I tried a crapload of angles no joy

Jordii.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems the EZ Flash Vi isn't that popular. Still a great card.. I'm not sure why it doesn't get a bigger audience.
angry.gif

badchilli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowhunter93 said:
This is so sad, no one cares about the EZ Flash Vi?! I spent like 10 hours doing this!
I definitely appreciate it, in fact your review is one of the reasons I decided to purchase the EZ Flash Vi just now. I already own 3 other flashcarts but never really knew much about the EZ Flash brand.

Sounds like a very under-rated card and I was surprised by the ton of features on the card. So anyways, thanks again for your work. Hopefully this card will get more attention. Mine should be arriving in a couple days.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Decent enough review (although I only skimmed over it) but the scoring is really messed up. Three categories score out of ten, one out of fifteen and one out of five? Ive never seen that before man. And calling it an official review is deceptive as it has nothing to do with GBAtemp.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Decent enough review (although I only skimmed over it) but the scoring is really messed up. Three categories score out of ten, one out of fifteen and one out of five? Ive never seen that before man. And calling it an official review is deceptive as it has nothing to do with GBAtemp.

Hey fellow Gbatemp isn't the only DS website there is alright. Did he ever say This is the official review of the EZ-Flash Vi for Gbatemp?

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
p1ngpong said:
Decent enough review (although I only skimmed over it) but the scoring is really messed up. Three categories score out of ten, one out of fifteen and one out of five? Ive never seen that before man.
Haha, I only just noticed that also. That IS a little strange. Shadow, you might wanna change that somehow. Like, either make "random gimmicks" a 8/10 or remove it completely and make the others rateable upon 15.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I suppose an explanation of my scoring of what I thought at the time is in order. When I thought about them, I gave certain categories more points because I found them to be more important, and I wanted to emphasize certain areas of the cart. I'll go and fix it on the next review though, thanks for the insight guys.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nice review!!!! i started out with an ez5+ and i'm just now moving to the vi cart for use with dsi and i can say it is one of the best only downside is it isn't very popular which is a bit strange since, in my opinion, it surpasses all the other ones as far as features, compatibility and skins customization.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: