WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@dominater01
Hi man
Is there any 3do emulator on retroarch ?
Casue I downloded 3do games but cant see any emulator can run it on retroerch !

And how can touch controller on nds emulator on retroarch ?
Scroll to the bottom of the Core list its called "The 3DO Company - 3DO (4DO)"
https://docs.libretro.com/library/4do/ (BIOS INFO)
For DS touch.. in the Core options in Desmume 2015 you can map the touch controls to the right analog stick. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@dominater01 the freeze when idling on the XMB UI is still happening I was hoping the last update may have fixed it but no :/

Last edited by ploggy,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: spyro88

spyro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
https://docs.libretro.com/library/4do/

all bios go under the system folder you can get there on device portal

file explorer > LocalAppData > Retroarch > Local State > system

to enable the core options do this

Ok thank you soo much
Now I understand and did exactly everything good with me but one thing
Touch mode on nds desmus 2015

I tried in options but cant make touch mode on my controller !!
@ploggy
Help please

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok thank you soo much
Now I understand and did exactly everything good with me but one thing
Touch mode on nds desmus 2015

I tried in options but cant make touch mode on my controller !!
@ploggy
Help please
In Desmume 2015's option menu there's a option called "Pointer mode r-analog" set that to "Emulated" ;)
Now you can use your Right Analog Stick as the pointer and use the Right Trigger as the pointer press :)

spyro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In Desmume 2015's option menu there's a option called "Pointer mode r-analog" set that to "Emulated" ;)
Now you can use your Right Analog Stick as the pointer and use the Right Trigger as the pointer press :)
Thanks friend
I did everything you say but no icon display on screen ... ! So please can you see what is problem ?

Ok I tried also (desmuMe ) and its ok
Icon display
Everything its ok
But on desmuMe 2015 cant dispkay icon ... weird
Can you help ?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks friend
I did everything you say but no icon display on screen ... ! So please can you see what is problem ?

Ok I tried also (desmuMe ) and its ok
Icon display
Everything its ok
But on desmuMe 2015 cant dispkay icon ... weird
Can you help ?

Here:

Bartender64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So, I've been looking as to why the N64 and dreamcast cores aren't working... They have in common that they are using Vulcan and/or opengl as the rendering engine. So in order for them to work, the core renderer engines needs to be rewritten to also work with directx. The dolphin case it's a bit tricky. I think it is failing because it uses functions that aren't allowed by the sandboxed nature of the uwp platform (maybe totally wrong about this), but if only I could manage to compile the damn code to make sure, and to change somethings around and see if I could manage to run it would be great. The thing preventing me from compiling the core, has to do with a damn dependency of git(which I have correctly installed and configured on my machine).

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I've been looking as to why the N64 and dreamcast cores aren't working... They have in common that they are using Vulcan and/or opengl as the rendering engine. So in order for them to work, the core renderer engines needs to be rewritten to also work with directx. The dolphin case it's a bit tricky. I think it is failing because it uses functions that aren't allowed by the sandboxed nature of the uwp platform (maybe totally wrong about this), but if only I could manage to compile the damn code to make sure, and to change somethings around and see if I could manage to run it would be great. The thing preventing me from compiling the core, has to do with a damn dependency of git(which I have correctly installed and configured on my machine).
Hmm, I don't know how to compile Retroarch Core either :P So I'm no help there..
I'm guessing PPSSPP fails to load for the same reason as Dolphin? It's a shame that the 3 main Core I want to mess with are the one's that don't even load :P
You could try talking to the Retroarch devs themselves? they can steer you in the right direction?

Reactions: Bartender64

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
just suggesting. if it was to do with opengl or vulkan then surely other cores that use opengl wouldnt work either?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm interesting. hopefully your on the right track then. i was thinking more that there is issue's with threaded video and also when you load some cores it asks about loading a dummy core to make sure it doesnt shut down. (just my opinion but ive not researched properly tbh)

Bartender64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hmm, I don't know how to compile Retroarch Core either :P So I'm no help there..
I'm guessing PPSSPP fails to load for the same reason as Dolphin? It's a shame that the 3 main Core I want to mess with are the one's that don't even load :P
You could try talking to the Retroarch devs themselves? they can steer you in the right direction?

Yeah, I'll definitely try that later at night if I have the time, or during the weekend. Eitherway, I find amusing that these first builds have accomplished to be compatible with so many cores out of the box.

Reactions: jammybudga777

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1