Hacking RELEASE [Official] ReiNX thread [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metarkrai

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I triggered the AutoRCM with ReiNX, and after using ChoidujourNX to have exfat support (4.1.0 fw) and installing some games on my SD cards, I can't trigger it off.
When I try to toggle the AutoRCM with ReiNX Toolkit it always says "AutoRCM enabled", and it is indeed enabled.
I tried the option on the two Micro SD cards that I installed games on, but to no success.

Is there another way to remove the AutoRCM ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I triggered the AutoRCM with ReiNX, and after using ChoidujourNX to have exfat support (4.1.0 fw) and installing some games on my SD cards, I can't trigger it off.
When I try to toggle the AutoRCM with ReiNX Toolkit it always says "AutoRCM enabled", and it is indeed enabled.
I tried the option on the two Micro SD cards that I installed games on, but to no success.

Is there another way to remove the AutoRCM ?
Use either Hekate or briccmii to remove the AutoRCM installed from ChoiDujourNX. It overwrote the AutoRCM installed from the toolkit.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
anyway to spoof the fw yet to play new games on older fw for example ?i read somewhere that it is indeed possible but i'm not so sure ..

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyway to spoof the fw yet to play new games on older fw for example ?i read somewhere that it is indeed possible but i'm not so sure ..
Install with tinfoil, use the "ignore version" option. Or install with DZ, does it by default. Only works if the game is actually capable of running on the older version, regardless of the version it "wants" to run on.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Install with tinfoil, use the "ignore version" option. Or install with DZ, does it by default. Only works if the game is actually capable of running on the older version, regardless of the version it "wants" to run on.
nah games like megaman, wouldnt even let me install using that tinfoil trick , i'm still on 4.1..

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Any good reason why my Switch is not charging when powered off (auto-RCM enabled) but does so when in and in sleep mode only? I have had this issue since I first started jailbreaking my Switch, choosing ReiNX as my CFW.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any good reason why my Switch is not charging when powered off (auto-RCM enabled) but does so when in and in sleep mode only?
because the switch does not charge when it is in RCM mode.

When you have autoRCM enabled and shut down the system from the Horizon OS, it will automatically turn back on into RCM. In order to fully shut it down, you need to shut it down from the hekate menu, for example.

Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
because the switch does not charge when it is in RCM mode.

When you have autoRCM enabled and shut down the system from the Horizon OS, it will automatically turn back on into RCM. In order to fully shut it down, you need to shut it down from the hekate menu, for example.
Ohh, that's why. How do I shut it down at the Hekate level, then?

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ohh, that's why. How do I shut it down at the Horizon OS level, then?

You can not power it off from the Horizon OS Level, a switch with autoRCM can only be powered off from RCM. Restarting or powering off from horizon will reboot the console into RCM, from there you can perform a forced shutdown (hold down power for 15 seconds, no visual feedback) or select power off from Hekate.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
You can not power it off from the Horizon OS Level, a switch with autoRCM can only be powered off from RCM. Restarting or powering off from horizon will reboot the console into RCM, from there you can perform a forced shutdown (hold down power for 15 seconds, no visual feedback) or select power off from Hekate.
I edited my earlier post. I actually meant shutting down the device via Hekate. I do not think I'm familiar with the step about it.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Once in the hekate menu, select "shut down" or "power off", whatever it is called.
Latest release of Hekate has an option (enabled by default) that truly power off the switch if you reinject the payload after shutting down from Horizon Os, without entering Hekate menu..

So basically, you power off under Horizon Os, and you reinject Hekate payload (dongle, phone, pc, modship) and you will see a brief Hekate logo and black screen..and instead of launching Hekate, the switch will be powered off. Save you some extra taps...

Last edited by Maupiti,

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Once in the hekate menu, select "shut down" or "power off", whatever it is called.
I'm guessing this is on that part after Tegrasmash was used to inject to inject the payload, right?

Latest release of Hekate has an option (enabled by default) that truly power off the switch if you reinject the payload after shutting down from Horizon Os, without entering Hekate menu..

So basically, you power off under Horizon Os, and you reinject Hekate payload (dongle, phone, pc, modship) and you will see a brief Hekate logo and black screen..and instead of launching Hekate, the switch will be powered off. Save you some extra taps...
I guess I was getting the idea just fine. Thanks for elaborating on it.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm guessing this is on that part after Tegrasmash was used to inject to inject the payload, right?
yes, from the menu that shows up when you inject hekate. As @Maupiti has mentioned, though, hekate - as of version 4.1 - apparently automagically shuts down the system when you inject the payload after a HOS shutdown, i.e. you only need to inject the payload and it'll shut down.

• Auto full power off when the device woke up from HOS' power off
    Usefull with modchips/dongles when using AutoRCM. (You can see it as a breathing backlight with hekate's logo).

Also note that if you try and charge your switch when it is fully powered off, it'll boot into RCM instead. So you can't charge it when it's off, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.