RELEASE [Official] ReiNX thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Reisyukaku, Jul 22, 2018.

1. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    I'm pretty sure Rei is just busy with life at the moment. ReiNX has a lot of catching up to do if it wants to be considered a serious alternative to Atmosphere.

That being said, I hope that it does catch up. I would love to see ReiNX updated with 9.x and emunand support. Even better, I'd like to see ReiNX bridge the gap between Atmosphere and SX OS, with features for XCI mounting and USB storage.

Owenge likes this.
  2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    It’s really not :P. Just copy Atmosphere’s files over, then copy any game mods or custom sysmodules you want to keep from /reinx/titles over to /atmosphere/titles and any kips over to /atmosphere/kips.

Also, Rei is male, not female

tiliarou and Adran_Marit like this.
  3. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    You are right, Rei is busy with life at the moment, technically one of the more recent commits does support 9.x but nothing loads on said commit.

also Rei has stated he won't implement emunand. I'm sure someone could port it if they wished

4. vree

vree GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I read that someone tried that and he lost all his installed games? All of them became corrupt.

Is there no way to also preserve the installed games? Reinstalling every single game and update and savefile would be a ginormous hassle...

5. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    You could copy the contents of the SD card before making the switch from ReiNX to Atmosphère -- that way, if your games become corrupt, you could always change back without needing to reinstall all the games and updates

6. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    That sounds to me like they threw Atmosphere on the microSD card but forgot to add the sigpatches.

7. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    As long as you install atmosphere with the full set of sigpatches ("sweet patches" if you're booting with fusee-primary, or ...joonies? if you're booting with hekate) then all installed games will work fine.

8. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    to sys modules that enable backups and stuff copy from what directory?

9. tattootattoo

tattootattoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2019
    Spain
    I will still faithful to reinx, waiting to 9.0.x support, Reinx gave me all. Someone here has little memory or is ungrateful, both are bad

Owenge likes this.
  10. KnightMars

KnightMars Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2019
    Malaysia
    As the "Windows XP" user replied.

11. tattootattoo

tattootattoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2019
    Spain
    ok, I forgot a group: Ungrateful, poor memory and people with "special abilities"

KnightMars likes this.
  12. emer1310

emer1310 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2019
    Dominican Republic
    Hi, I have a Kiosk switch that I used with reinx to boot to normal hos, but now, I accidently update the console to version 9.0.1 and reinx does not work anymore.

the question is: there are another option to boot my switch in normal hos?

I have tried atmosphere and kosmos. Maybe I'm missing somthing.

13. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    Try asking in the Atmosphere thread. You're more likely to find an answer there.

14. emer1310

emer1310 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2019
    Dominican Republic
    thanks, I will do that

15. vree

vree GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2005
    United Kingdom
    So Rei is now more bussy with implementing old pokémon into sword and shield. Not sure where this leaves us with an reinx update.... I guess in the dust?...

16. _DrBecks_

_DrBecks_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2018
    Germany
    Atmosphere is a great CFW – but for all who want a lightweight and easy to use CFW without extra features it‘s sad there is no real Alternative. I hope, rei will update as a christmas Gift :)

17. KnightMars

KnightMars Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2019
    Malaysia
    9.1 fw released

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted