1. Makoto0729

Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I actually solved the problem myself, so I'll say it here: It actually wasn't my firmware at all; somehow my SD card got corrupted and all my game data couldn't be read by the Switch. That's why the issue persisted even after restoring my NAND backups. That included my game carts because they had updates that were corrupted. Redownloading the games and installing them with Tinfoil worked. Even my save files were still intact, just not the games. Everything's good now, but thanks for all your help!

I'm not sure whether it was because of it or not, but I suspect the problem was my unsetting the archive bits in hekate.

2. palantine

palantine GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Dont lie to people and blame it on reinx. It makes you look like an asshole.

3. MartianMack

MartianMack Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Im having trouble with my split nsps not showing on tinfoil. I already made sure to tick the archive option.

What am I missing here? Im on 6.1 fw with Reinx 6.1

4. LAP87

LAP87 Newbie
    Newcomer

Sweden
    Regarding NAND backup, i only did one backup a while ago when using the reinx.guide set it all up,
    Have installed plenty of "a-hoy matey" games since and played around with checkpoint/emulators etc.
    How fugged am i if i wanna go back to stock before Smash is released?

And what tool can i use to restore nand with?, since ReinX Toolkit doesn't seem to have that functionality.

Last edited by LAP87, Nov 13, 2018
  5. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

United States
    Hekate.

6. palantine

Italy
    Reinx Toolkit doesn't have restore because if you are bricked you can't run homebrew anyways.

LAP87 likes this.
  7. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Rei still update it? Cuz there wasnt any nightly a while?

8. palantine

Italy
    The problem is that the developers are burnt out and all the work so far has been done for free. We have to eat and pay bills and sometimes that gets in the way for young guys like us who are less established and don't have the same resources to draw on. ReiNX is far from dead but sometimes the devs need time to recharge their batteries so to speak.

charlieb and LAP87 like this.
  9. Nononoki

Nononoki Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    So has the crashing after opening apps 32 times been fixed in a nightly?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The person who manages the bot hasn't compiled the latest commits yet.

11. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Oh really? Which part of my previous comment did I "lie" about and which context?

Did not I just said that it's the latest firmware that's causing the problem for ReiNX?

If I was to put a blame on something, I'd obviously be referring to the Switch's latest update which obviously broke something at the software level for the CFW to get so erratic.

Last edited by Dothackjhe, Nov 15, 2018
  12. palantine

Italy
    It had nothing to do with ReiNX though. ReiNX works perfectly fine on the latest firmware and has significantly better track record than rajnx so suggesting it would have fixed the problem was what you lied about. Either that or you were just stupid enough to honestly believe that was true.

cheers

13. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Noob question perhaps, but is it possible to do multiple layeredfs profiles for each game at the time of this post? There are times I would like to swap between modded assets seamlessly without having to FTP my files every time.

14. Robotmenace

Robotmenace Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright, I'm desperate here. Without going into unnecessary details, I ended up on 6.2. Couldn't launch Reinx. Used hekate to restore an old NAND backup I had made so I could try to use homebrew to upgrade to a specific firmware. After downgrading, Reinx gave me the same error. When I powered down from the Reinx splash screen, my switch bricked. I've held the power down for 45+ seconds, even opened my switch up and disconnected the battery for a few. Switch won't boot normally, though I did have AutoRCM enabled. If it's going into autoRCM, my PC and TegraRCM won't detect it. As far as I can tell, it just won't turn on. What are my options? Do I have any? The switch functionality itself isn't the biggest loss, I was actually planning to buy another tomorrow to use specifically for online stuff and no hacks. But the save data, man. I can't lose all that.

15. JHumBL3

JHumBL3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been using ReiNX for a lil while and it's all up to date (I believe it to be). Just recently, when I am booted into ReiNX I cannot access the hbmenu thru the album. Only via the hbmenu.nsp that I installed. Any suggestions help! Thank you!

16. j0hnf1sherman

j0hnf1sherman Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Is it possible to disable AutoRCM in ReiNX??

17. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Check whether or not the "titles" folder within the "ReiNX" folder at the root of the micro-SD card still contains the "010000000000100D" folder in it. If not, just put it back there from this source or here.

Yes. Use the ReiNX Toolkit homebrew. It has the option for that.

Last edited by Dothackjhe, Nov 22, 2018
  18. MarioShadow

MarioShadow Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    my switch with ReinX its NOT Connected on Internet and i dont have intention of connecting(its on 5.1.0) with autoRCM

Can i turn off with no problem at all ?and turn on when i want it?

19. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you're that worried about it, why not delete all internet connection settings? Then it doesn't matter.

20. MarioShadow

MarioShadow Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    its already deleted ,i just want to turn off autorcm and i want to know if there's any implication sincem y switch is NEVER Online

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Official], thread, ReiNX