Hacking Official – Rebug 4.65.2 – Cobra 7.03 – Toolbox 2.02.02

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been lazy to install but i plan on soon. dont really even boot up the ps3 anymore though. xbox 360 still suits my needs, but wii u is getting all the attention now due to smash and captain toad.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had a problem with Rebug. I installed and for many days it worked flawlessly, but today, when I play original disc games, it shows error 8001003D. Ony GTA IV and Sonic Generations work (they don't require updates. Bayonetta doesn't work with 1.01, Metal Gear Rising doesn't work with 1.08... These games without updates work, but DLCs don't.)

I've tried rebuilding database, but it doesn't work.

I've tried reinstalling some updates and it doesn't work too. The only way I found to run these games is running directly from MultiMAN.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well updated to the new REBUG from 4.65 Habib Cobra.
The PS2 sync bug definitely got fixed :lol: in this release. The original tut didn't work so I went Toolbox PS2 route and it works for classics, not a big problem since I can custom pkg with fancy pictures and shit using Classics GUI on PC

Silithas

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What is this rebug thing? Is it a softmod? Cause a friend of mine said he had a 4.66 CFW thanks to a jailbreak. and is this it?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it's a software hack by dev team REBUG. You need a 3.55 OFW for CFW though. Best way to obtain a 3.55 OFW PS3 is either Ebay or black market.
Lol, black market. A better way to obtain a 3.55 OFW PS3 is to buy a used PS3, legally of course, and have someone downgrade it.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you live in a country where you don't use online services much like, for example, Morocco or Phillipines, where else would you get the used PS3:nayps3:
I am not that familiar with Norway, but I'm pretty sure their situation is better than that. Granted, I didn't really think of that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't follow PS3 scene for more than a year, and I'm still on OFW3.41
it seems there's only one CFW with a setting to enable/disable Cobra, instead of two different firmwares. That's easier to decide which one to install :P

I still don't understand all the needed steps and purpose (like QAFlags, EID0, etc.)
I guess I can install rebug directly from 3.41, I don't need to install 3.55 first?
is QA auto-enabled or need to be done after install?
What about my current homebrew? (multiMAN need to be uninstalled fully before update? I still have v2.0)

I saw games needed patches to run on 3.41/3.55, and patches for 4.21+
Games above 4.21 still require patches, even if the CFW is 4.65?
What about my currently patched games? I'll probably need to unpatch them or does rebug work with 3.x patched games?

cobra/webMAN/PS2 support seems complicated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1