Gaming Official Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Discussion Thread

KillerHunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I still don't know how to make the rom works fine. When I try with Diamond the game doesn't even start and with Pearl I cannot load a game.

I've a Perfect lite M3, a 1gb SD card and a PassCard.

I configured my roms like here, but it still doesn't work
frown.gif

Any suggestion?

Baz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, I'm a Pokémon noob and have some questions.

I left my Geodude in the trading centre thing and asked for a Magikarp in return (I just wanted to see what it was, I know nobody would want to trade for a Geodude). Whenever I go back to the trading centre and try to connect, the screens just go black. Is this because I don't have a legit game?

Also, I've just got to the city where you get the third badge. Is it true this place has a daycare centre where I can breed pokemon? Can someone explain how this works? Like is it two Onix's (one of each gender, obv) make an Onix or like an Onix and a Bidoof make a kickass rock beaver type thing? Haha.

Also are there many people on the WiFi who are like 'whatever, sure you can have this level 98 Mewto for your level 16 Geodude' or is it more 'I have a level 76 give me a level 100 ? ie are the "online" trades realistic?

My team:
Psyduck - level 22
Prinplup - level 27
Onix - level 13
Gyrados - level 21
Egg

Does the egg hatch depending on how many steps you take? If I run round aimlessly for an hour, will it hatch? Please don't tell me what's in it though.

How far into the game will I find an electric or fire pokemon? I have three water type and one rock, with gives me very little room for error against certain grass types.

How long does it take for the honey to work it's magic? I rubbed some on a tree yesterday at about 3pm, it's now 1pm. If I run all the way back, will the tree be infested? Also, how can you tell when there's a pokemon on the tree - will it move? And if so, if I see it moving and then save before clicking on it, if I reload could it be something different? I want one of those monkeys with long arms.
laugh.gif

Thanks.

PS. My friend code is in my signature, please add me.
yaynds.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

I left my Geodude in the trading centre thing and asked for a Magikarp in return (I just wanted to see what it was, I know nobody would want to trade for a Geodude). Whenever I go back to the trading centre and try to connect, the screens just go black. Is this because I don't have a legit game?

Also, I've just got to the city where you get the third badge. Is it true this place has a daycare centre where I can breed pokemon? Can someone explain how this works? Like is it two Onix's (one of each gender, obv) make an Onix or like an Onix and a Bidoof make a kickass rock beaver type thing? Haha.

Also are there many people on the WiFi who are like 'whatever, sure you can have this level 98 Mewto for your level 16 Geodude' or is it more 'I have a level 76 give me a level 100 ? ie are the "online" trades realistic?

My team:
Psyduck - level 22
Prinplup - level 27
Onix - level 13
Gyrados - level 21
Egg

Does the egg hatch depending on how many steps you take? If I run round aimlessly for an hour, will it hatch? Please don't tell me what's in it though.

How far into the game will I find an electric or fire pokemon? I have three water type and one rock, with gives me very little room for error against certain grass types.

How long does it take for the honey to work it's magic? I rubbed some on a tree yesterday at about 3pm, it's now 1pm. If I run all the way back, will the tree be infested? Also, how can you tell when there's a pokemon on the tree - will it move? And if so, if I see it moving and then save before clicking on it, if I reload could it be something different? I want one of those monkeys with long arms.
laugh.gif

Thanks.

PS. My friend code is in my signature, please add me.Â
yaynds.gif
I believe the egg will hatch depending on the number of steps you take (alot btw).
As for the tree thing it would usually take up to a day for the tree starts shaking (meaning that there's a pokemon there). I havent checked how long I would have to wait although I know it was a day at most. To start a battle face the tree and press A. It also seems that the more honey you put on the tree the higher the chance of catching a rare pokemon (again, I'm not 100% sure on this).

Migugu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium

I left my Geodude in the trading centre thing and asked for a Magikarp in return (I just wanted to see what it was, I know nobody would want to trade for a Geodude). Whenever I go back to the trading centre and try to connect, the screens just go black. Is this because I don't have a legit game?

Also, I've just got to the city where you get the third badge. Is it true this place has a daycare centre where I can breed pokemon? Can someone explain how this works? Like is it two Onix's (one of each gender, obv) make an Onix or like an Onix and a Bidoof make a kickass rock beaver type thing? Haha.

Also are there many people on the WiFi who are like 'whatever, sure you can have this level 98 Mewto for your level 16 Geodude' or is it more 'I have a level 76 give me a level 100 ? ie are the "online" trades realistic?

My team:
Psyduck - level 22
Prinplup - level 27
Onix - level 13
Gyrados - level 21
Egg

Does the egg hatch depending on how many steps you take? If I run round aimlessly for an hour, will it hatch? Please don't tell me what's in it though.

How far into the game will I find an electric or fire pokemon? I have three water type and one rock, with gives me very little room for error against certain grass types.

How long does it take for the honey to work it's magic? I rubbed some on a tree yesterday at about 3pm, it's now 1pm. If I run all the way back, will the tree be infested? Also, how can you tell when there's a pokemon on the tree - will it move? And if so, if I see it moving and then save before clicking on it, if I reload could it be something different? I want one of those monkeys with long arms.
laugh.gif

Thanks.

PS. My friend code is in my signature, please add me.Â
yaynds.gif

For the wifi thingy, the ones who want a stupid (no offence) pokemon like a geodude for a 98 mewtwo, are : 1) generous people OR 2) cheaters

In most case nr. 2
=> if the wifi community knows about the "hacked" pokemon, you'll get banned (no good)

the others : the selfish dudes who ask more for what you get, are only thinking about theirselves, unless you really choose the weak for the strong pkmn...

hope I helped
wink.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone help me!
My little brother keeps beating my teams...
What are some good hard to beat teams?
Give me 6 legal pokemon, lvl 100
and their movesets, attribute (nature), held item
Is there a topic about this already?
If so, someone please link me to it.. so many pokemon topics, its hard to search through them all... thanks
smile.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a level 75 Dragonite that has

Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Hyper Beam

He isn't a long term fighter I recommend saving your PPMax's for this guy....it'll definitely help but each move has high accuracy and high damage so you should be ready for anything.

Migugu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Someone help me!
My little brother keeps beating my teams...
What are some good hard to beat teams?
Give me 6 legal pokemon, lvl 100
and their movesets, attribute (nature), held item
Is there a topic about this already?
If so, someone please link me to it.. so many pokemon topics, its hard to search through them all... thanks
smile.gif

a blaziken lvl 100 with : overheat, double kick, sky uppercut & blaze kick
a torterra lvl 100 with : solarbeam, crunch, bullet seed and frenzy plant
a gengar lvl 100 with : hypnosis, dream eater, night shade and psybeam
a suicune lvl 100 with : hydro pump and 3 other gr8 attcks of your choice
and 2 pokemon for reserve

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im kind of stuck atm

im in solaceon city and i dont know where to go next.

i cant get to celestic city cos i dont know the way, i think i know the way but psyducks are guarding it lol.

inbetween veilstone city and pastoria city i cant get to sunyshore city as this guy blocks me sayin something like theres sumat thats happened there and i cant go.

where do i go next?

regards

yus786

MaDDaWg836

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
u have to chase the team galactic guy from the front of the safari zone. keep chasing him until he fight you and then you'll get an item to get rid of the psyduck

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
im kind of stuck atm

i cant get to celestic city cos i dont know the way, i think i know the way but psyducks are guarding it lol.

inbetween veilstone city and pastoria city i cant get to sunyshore city as this guy blocks me sayin something like theres sumat thats happened there and i cant go.

where do i go next?

regards

yus786

you need four gym badges, and then, in the town near the 'safari zone' type place is a Team Rocket (:-)) dude who runs away when you, follow him

sketch143

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'd breed an adamant natured chimchar w/ a moveset consisting of high tier physical attacks and at least one powerful physical grass attack. Infernapes have high attack and speed rating so it's one of the best candidates for a sweeper.

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im kind of stuck atm

where do i go next?

regards

yus786

you need four gym badges, and then, in the town near the 'safari zone' type place is a Team Rocket (:-)) dude who runs away when you, follow him

cheers mate, ive only got three badges cos in one of the citys i went to the gym and the leader wasnt there cos theyve gone out or something.

i think it was hearthome city, but all the other cities ive been to ive pawned the gym leaders lol

where is he/she?

regards

yus786

edit: i have 4 pokemon badges, where is the safari zone place?

sorry mate

Baz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the wifi thingy, the ones who want a stupid (no offence) pokemon like a geodude for a 98 mewtwo, are : 1) generous people OR 2) cheaters

In most case nr. 2
=> if the wifi community knows about the "hacked" pokemon, you'll get banned (no good)

the others : the selfish dudes who ask more for what you get, are only thinking about theirselves, unless you really choose the weak for the strong pkmn...

hope I helpedÂ
wink.gif
Â
smile.gif
Â
wink.gif
I didn't know there was "hacked" pokemon, I hope I don't somehow get one of those.
ohmy.gif

As for everything and everyone else, thanks. I've just got fly so can fly around. I think I left the honey too long cos none of the trees had pokemon in them.
shy.gif

My team sucks though. I don't see why my penguin can't learn fly (jk but still, I wish he could) and is there anyway to make him forget cut? Plus for some reason I decided to breed ponytas and got the eggs mixed up. Luckily the summary told me where I got them and I left the ponyta egg in box.

Gyarados is a bloody beast though. Another trainer had one and he took some beating, just wouldn't go down! Super Psyduck KO'd him though.

Just got myself that swipe move that leaves them with at least 1hp. I can see that move being a godsend when I've finished and want to fill my pokedex!

Just wish I could get something rare and then post on here like 'omg I've just got a ! who wants it? what can you offer?' haha that'd be awesome.
biggrin.gif

The DS is on charge... too much pokemoning in the last two days (15 hours playtime, apparently!) is making me obsessed.
wacko.gif

What's a good Pokemon that can learn fly, that I'll be encountering soon? Bearing in mind that I've just got the third badge and the HM for fly. The only one I have that could learn it was the Chatot that I swapped with the NPC for a Buizel, and I don't like it. And I don't like Starly - despite the evolved version having intimidate.
ph34r.gif
[I'm in the MANSION, if you can remember where that is!]

As for what pokemon I want, I want a fire one to replace my ponyta and I'm hoping this egg I've been lugging around has an electric one in.
dry.gif

How "imba" (read: overpowered) is exp share? My Gyarados is almost my highest level because of it!

Pokemon rules!
yaynds.gif

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
YES you are able to trade through a pkmn game, that is on a flash cart, and the real cartridge.

The Easiest Way is to have 2 DSs, one with the flash card version, and one with the real game. get both to a pkmn center, then use the union room to trade.

The Other way is to have a flashed ds, and to use reinmoon, which is a program that can transfer you save file to the cartridge.

Yes, I know you can trade between Diamond and Pearl or Diamond/Diamond or Pearl/Pearl with both legit carts and flashcards.

But what I want to know is if you can trade between a LEGIT Pokémon Diamond/Pearl and a flashcard in SLOT 2 (GBA slot). That way I can start a new game on my GBA flashcard on Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and when the new games, Diamond and Pearl are released over here, I can use PAL Park to import my Pokémon I caught in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to my LEGIT Diamond/Pearl game.

Someone please answer this, I've been looking through a lot of posts and nobody seems to have tried this :'(

Baz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My egg just hatched
biggrin.gif

Happiny, baby!

I have questions about breeding.
Where do babies come from?
nyanya.gif

Seriously, I've just caught two Picha's - one female and one male, both ~level 16. They're in my PC and I've not had time to check their skills and things, but can these breed? With them being unevolved Pikachu's, I mean - can they breed to make more Pichu's?

Also, I have the TM for Shock Wave (#34). If I teach this to my male Pichu, will the baby Pichu know it from birth? I read somewhere that having one hold a light ball, the baby gets a new move. Is this new move any good? Which parent must hold the light ball? Is a light ball a type of pokeball? Where do I get a light ball?

Please answer these, I wanna make lots of Pikachu's - and I want them to be the best.
shy.gif

Also, I put some Ponytas in the daycare and they laid an egg. I went and collected the 2 ponytas and the egg straight away as I was just testing it out - if I leave the Pichu's in there for a while will they lay more than one egg?

And a question for those who have done lots of breeding (I'm assuming they can lay six eggs): did you just carry all the eggs and no pokemon and run around for a few hours until they all hatched? Do they all hatch at once, one after the other?

If someone can answer these questions, I'll be a very happy man. Saves me making a thread in the Help forum.
wtf.gif

Thanks!

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
And a question for those who have done lots of breeding (I'm assuming they can lay six eggs): did you just carry all the eggs and no pokemon and run around for a few hours until they all hatched? Do they all hatch at once, one after the other?

You need at least 1 proper Pokémon in your party

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...