Jonah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-when i met abra i just threw a normal ball at it. firtst try catch.

I get really frustrated when I can't catch em
mad.gif

I seem to remember on Blue you could hold B to improve the possibility of a catch. Anything like that in Diamond?

I remember that from blue, and so I still have a habit of doing it in pearl...though I don't think it matters

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh well i spoke too soon

i just got beaten by a gastly!!

never knew it was that good, i caught it after that though

is ghastly supposed to be good?

regards

yus786

Strifer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A good thing to do at the start of the game is to find the old rod right away, catch a magikarp and raise it to become gyarados. Gyarados is easily a pokemon that'll help you out throughout the whole game.

High attack stat + Earthquake = Double Win (literally.. as earthquake damages all other pokemons in tag matches)

What exactly does Gyarados do? The only info I can find on it is that it does Intimidate.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh well i spoke too soon

i just got beaten by a gastly!!

never knew it was that good, i caught it after that though

is ghastly supposed to be good?

regards

yus786

Gengar is an extremely fast pokemon and it has a high special attack stat. I believe the new move system (physical + special) improved it (in the older versions ghost type was a physical attack); Gastly would also be of the same skew in stats, however obviously lower.

Gyarados is generally a useful pokemon to have. Unusually high attack stat with a movepool of strong physical attacks at very early levels. Just don't teach it hydro pump or hyper beam as it has a horrible base special attack stat. It can also learn a large variety of physical moves from various types through TM and HM (rock, ground, water, etc)

Intruder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
quick question: can pokemon created by pokesav be traded on gts? assuming all info is properly inputted

If "all info is properly inputted" then the pokemon will be as if you have actually have captured it so...yes you could trade it.
hey does any one know if we can get pokemon eggs in diamond???

Yes you can.Just like the old fashioned way!!

QUOTE(mr_blonde_88 @ Apr 28 2007, 11:05 AM)would someone tell me what GTS means! lol
It is the Global Trading System...

Strifer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What happens if you don't evolve a Pokemon - do you get another opportunity to do so?

I traded a Magikarp for a Magikarp so he'd level faster, but ended up with a lvl 23 one...he evolves at lvl 20 normally, can he evolve again?

FrozenOne23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What happens if you don't evolve a Pokemon - do you get another opportunity to do so?

I traded a Magikarp for a Magikarp so he'd level faster, but ended up with a lvl 23 one...he evolves at lvl 20 normally, can he evolve again?

Yea, just train him so he levels to level 24, he will try to evolve again (unless you press B while Magikarp is evolving)

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question: can pokemon created by pokesav be traded on gts? assuming all info is properly inputted
Any Pokemon can be traded, but it won't look legit once the person gets the Pokemon if the info isn't done properly. Also if you have e.g. level 1 Palkia obviously it's been hacked so you probably won't get a trade.

BTW, something interesting just in case it hasn't been posted yet, D/P saves work for all versions. That means Japanese saves work with US games (haven't tested myself though) and Pearl saves work with Diamond games (just test this).

Another tip: if you have a Chimchar, and you want a mixed sweeper Infernape, don't evolve him until it learns Nasty Plot in the twenties. +2 stages of SpA owns with a STAB'd Flamethrower + proper EV spread.

blizzak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
Canada
Any Pokemon can be traded, but it won't look legit once the person gets the Pokemon if the info isn't done properly. Also if you have e.g. level 1 Palkia obviously it's been hacked so you probably won't get a trade.

I created a 2nd cherubi in attempt to trade it for a burmy (i want to complete the shinnoh pokedex and the honey and trees things is taking a long time) and when i'm trying to trade it, I keep getting this error saying that "this Pokemon cannot be offered for trade"

Cambui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can anyone explain to me how do evolution works. I know that there is a Happiness thing going on the late games, but i really don't have any idea how this thing works.

Is there any other evolution variables besides level that I don't know of?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4