1. D4RkLeGeND5

D4RkLeGeND5 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Does anyone know if the rumour about it natively playing PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 is true?

souhukyafod likes this.
  2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The ps4 is highly possibility but 1,2,3 are only rumours for now.

pop13_13 likes this.
  3. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    It just makes me pissed is that they will not go to E3 again this year, at least that's what I heard god damn it!!!!!!!!!!

4. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    RPCS3 says hello.

PineappleGod likes this.
  5. pop13_13

pop13_13 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    I have a feeling that it will be PS3 all over again (599...).

6. guily6669

United States
    I think that would be a bad mistake because a lot of people who only have consoles and don't care for PC sometimes is also because of the initial high price of the PC even though it ends being actually affordable with the amount of games still kinda getting bypassed and the fact that we can do anything in the PC on the long run...

But still if the upgrade on consoles this time is as big as it looks like even for 600€ I don't think it's a bad deal though I wouldn't ever buy it at that price, I will wait for the console to get in promotion for at least 400€ or less...

Back in the PS4 we all thought it would have like 3 Tflops close to best PC GPU's of back then and crazy custom high performance CPU cores and we sadly ended up with old AMD Jaguar cores which were far from good for gaming compared to intel back then and the GPU ended up being around 1.8Tflops and the Xone even worse...

This time AMD improved so much in gaming on both GPU and CPU department that Next gen consoles can be very close to a good gaming PC and even with the extra Ray-Tracing stuff which AMD still currently doesn't offer any kind of Ray Tracing hardware acceleration yet on the PC market at this moment in time only Nvidia offers it at very high prices for low performance...

PS5\Xbox Project X this time looks like they will have all the ingredients needed compared to a fairly priced PC contrary to PS4\Xbox one launch which disappointed me and I thought they would get better hardware...

7. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

United States
    Also coming for the PS5: Rock Band 5! :D :toot:

8. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Actually id think i'd agree. Sony had a monopoly on the market with ps1 and ps2, but then flopped with the ps3 after getting too cocky
    Considering how well the ps4 did this gen, i have a feeling they'll do another ps3 and end up flopping
    This might be pretty unlikely though.

9. pop13_13

pop13_13 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    Pre 8th gen consoles were actually powerfull for the time (just look at the PC 3D games when the N64 released).

But 8th gen consoles went for fully of the shelf parts (AMD APUs).

10. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Dude just wait for the PS3 Mini equivalent it's bound to happen

PineappleGod likes this.
  11. PineappleGod

PineappleGod GBAtemp's Favorite Child

United States
    Screw emulation, it's just the PS3 Cell again!

pop13_13 and MythicalData like this.
  12. pop13_13

pop13_13 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    Launch models will have a CELL and RSX in them, but only in the US (cause fuck Europe) and will be super rare in a few years. /s

PineappleGod likes this.
  13. PineappleGod

United States
    And a 2TB HDD. For the "classics" of course.

pop13_13 likes this.
  14. pop13_13

pop13_13 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    And don't forget an adapter for the DS3, as the console itself won't support DS3s. The adapter will be super rare just like the Wii U GC controller one and will only be supported in one game...

PineappleGod likes this.
  15. PineappleGod

United States
    H E A V Y R A I N

16. pop13_13

pop13_13 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    Did it use the pressure sensitive EVERYTHING on the DS3?

That's probably the only thing I miss on the DS4.

PineappleGod likes this.
  17. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    name 10 "ps4 only" triple a titles that were good in less than 2 minutes, Go...
    yea thats what i thought...

18. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    and capable of more*
    okami HD for example runs at 4k 60fps iirc

19. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Write down the total number of ps4s sold in every country though I'll be fairer I'll giv you 2 hours

20. guily6669

United States
    On the original Xone and PS4, by the end of 2013 both Nvidia and AMD were close to 6Tflops of raw calculation power on their GPUs and probably hitting 6Tflops with some OC models and manual user OC, so I actually thought the PS4 and Xone would have 2+Tflops and ended up much lower than most people's expectations, also we thought it would have some custom new AMD CPU improved cores and it got the old Jaguar cores which no one ever cared for PC gaming either :(...

This time if the consoles are really around 10 or 10+ Tflops on the latest AMD architecture it means it's not actually far from Nvidia and AMD top of the line GPU's which are around 13Tflops for now (even though sure real world gaming performance Nvidia RTX2080TI is killing it until AMD launch something new), but all of that GPU power and the fact that it will use Ryzen cores which is killing intel's market and it improved by miles, this all combined means most likely finally PS5 and Xbox Project X will actually be a very fairly competitor with a very pricey PC...

Sure the thing on PC is it never stops and they will release again more GPU's soon this year and more CPU's and more and more and more lol, lately PC market keeps refreshing like nuts on top of recently released stuff in the same year:blink:.

ps: Then again all are rumours so we don't know exactly if PS4 like launch doesnt happen all over again, I mean they could go with a 6Tflop GPU instead of the rumours close to 10Tflop, guess we have to wait, but I would definitely be disappointed with 6Tflops even though latest AMD architecture has much better gaming performance Tflop-by-Tflop compared to like RX400\500, but I personally have my fingers crossed for PS5 to have something close to 10 TFLOP and the fact that Xbox rumours aim it to 12+Tflop only makes me pissed, I want PS5 to get the best hardware as Xbox I already have all features in my desktop which I will also refresh later after next gen consoles release, maybe I'll even wait for DDR5 and get a much better PC...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, Official, website