OFFICIAL Nintendo Anti-Piracy Reporting Website!

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Now this is priceless. Nintendo has made a sub-website that is not even linkable via their own website[as far as I know], as if they where trying to keep it a secret. This website has pictures of the R4DS and OUTDATED DS Flashcards.

Nintendo has now dedicated an independent website to fight pirates from pirating Nintendo software.
The website has links where users can report to Nintendo of piracy. If you are a total dee-bag then you sure as heck would do this. The website has detailed information on how to spot pirated software in the form of imitator cartridges and disks.
Here is a quote from the website:
1. Consumers should be cautious when purchasing Nintendo products via online auctions, trade boards or through online retailers.
2. Carefully consider whether to purchase from Asian websites offering large quantities of Nintendo products at low prices.
3. If the product is offered well below normal retail pricing, it could be a counterfeit product.
4. Look closely at the ink found on game discs, cartridges and packaging. Is there blurred printing on the game label? Is the color faded, discolored or does the ink appear to be low quality?
5. Look closely at the Nintendo Seal of Quality trademark placed on the packaging and/or the game disc or cartridge. Is it missing or does the ink appear to be of poor quality?
6. Counterfeiters may ship the game disc or cartridge separate from the packaging or instruction manuals. If you purchase your product online, please note that Nintendo’s games come fully assembled, within its packaging and contains all relevant instruction materials.
7. Use caution when purchasing used games. Make sure the product is not counterfeit, using the same tips outlined above.
Some other sources they failed to mention are e-bay and Creg's List[if I spelled that correctly]

The website also has images so users can tell the difference between fake and authentic Nintendo Software and Hardware.
The images found on the website range from flashkits & modchips to Those 60-in-1 controllers that you see at the mall with crap copies of Super Mario Bros on them.

The website alone is something to check out.
The website link is; http://ap.nintendo.com/index.jsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im sure there was already a topic about this,

anyways this is actually quite funny coz the flash carts they have are really old
biggrin.gif
( well cept for the r4 but thts still kinda old )

Plus seeing as it not advertised anywhere no one is going to no about it so its kinda pointless

Lets just leave nintendo to it

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That is what I am hoping will happen.
Their little website will be burried alive by everything else on the internet.

Believe it or not, but this was the 7th result on the Google Search for "4341 ds antipiricy check"

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't underestimate the power of the Big N. I can see douches who feel self-rightous going to report to Nintendo about other flashcards like the CycloDS, Acekard 2, and all the others. Let's see if Nintendo got the balls to do something about it.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's "Craigslist", BTW.

I love how they specifically mention Asian websites. I also love how they forgot about the new side-loading flashcarts that are even harder to spot.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
biggrin.gif
They only have R4 and a Passcard on the DS page.
Kinda strange how they have a CycloWiz on there, but no CycloDS.

...Don't worry, I won't report the CycloDS.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
hey everybody lets report
-r4ds
-r4ds iii
-r3ds
-r4ds sdhc
-r4dsi
-r4dsi sdhc
-r4dsi new
-r4dsi new works with new firmware
lol

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember seeing this site a while ago; if everyone reports all the dead carts, then that'll keep them looking, plus it's possible that N gets all the rubbish off and makes getting good carts easier...
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse