Hacking Official nds cart to gba rom linkage. Possible?

Eggman32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there is a way to link an official NDS game cart to a gba rom using the m3 real. Like can you load the gba rom to the gba exp and then put in the nds cart and link them? Thanks

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Copied from another thread, written by Densetsu3000....

QUOTE said:
NDS-GBA linkage: INTEGRATED & WORKING
yaynds.gif

In the NDS ROM config menu, there's a new icon
fire_replacesave.jpg
[GBA??] (GBA Load) that lets you load a GBA ROM into memory. I entered the NDS config menu for Advance Wars: Dual Strike, loaded the Advance Wars GBA ROM and the NDS ROM loaded automatically. This unlocked some secret maps that are only available if you have the Advance Wars GBA cartridge inserted.
How to Enable NDS-GBA Linkage:
1. Slide the NDS ROM to the left (or highlight the ROM and press Y) to access the NDS config menu.
2. Tap the
fire_replacesave.jpg
[GBA??] icon, then browse to the folder containing the GBA ROM you want to load onto your Slot-2 memory expansion pack.
3. Highlight the GBA ROM and press A. You will see "SELECT FILE: \ROMpath\ROMname.gba" on the top screen. Press A again to return to the NDS ROM config menu.
4. Tap the
fire_confirm.jpg
[???] icon to save, and the NDS ROM will automatically load with the GBA ROM you designated loaded onto the Slot-2 memory.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's asking if a GBA flashcart can be linked with a retail NDS cart. I haven't tested it, but if you load a GBA ROM into a flashcart's NOR memory (say, an EZFlash 3-in-1) using GBA Exploader, theoretically it should link as normal with an actual copy of a corresponding DS game, provided it shows as a GBA game in the normal official firmware. I don't think the GBA Expansion Pack that comes with the M3DS Real Perfect package has NOR memory (I don't have one so I can't be sure).

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EZ-flash to my knowledge is the only expansion with permanent memory.
and using permanent memory for DS-GBA linking works perfectly, with the exception of pokemon games since they require savepatching which would require the same savepatches for the DS games.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
I think he's asking if a GBA flashcart can be linked with a retail NDS cart. I haven't tested it, but if you load a GBA ROM into a flashcart's NOR memory (say, an EZFlash 3-in-1) using GBA Exploader, theoretically it should link as normal with an actual copy of a corresponding DS game, provided it shows as a GBA game in the normal official firmware. I don't think the GBA Expansion Pack that comes with the M3DS Real Perfect package has NOR memory (I don't have one so I can't be sure).
the m3 gba pak gba linkage will only work as long as the ds is not turned off or slot-1 cart is removed once the the gba game is loaded

once the system is turned off, the rom is erased from the gba pak and its blank (well its only holds a save file, which will be copied to slot-1 upon reboot with gba pak in)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
AXYPB said:
Ahh, I get it...my mistake then..

Yeah, it works with retail GBA carts (once you flash GBA expansion, NDS actually thinks that IS the retail cart, so kinda pointless question)..
But I can confirm that it works with retail GBA games!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father