[Official] MediCat VHD - A USB Bootable Windows 11 Virtual Harddisk for PC Repair

BastardFromNowhere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello all,

I'd like to put "medicat.vhd" into the medicat usb key (thank you so much Jayro for these great tools !!), but I don't understand how to do it.
Jayro says "Extract ONLY the VHD folder to the MediCat USB drive, and make sure you have 20GB of free space. a minimum of 64GB USB 3.0 drive is required."
Like Beuzo already says : there's only a vhd in archive.. I tried several ways, but it doesn't work.. can someone help me please ?
have a good day everyone
Hi,

You just have to extract the VHD file in the VHD folder from your medicat USB key.

For sure you need space onto this usb file as recommended!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I'd like to put "medicat.vhd" into the medicat usb key (thank you so much Jayro for these great tools !!), but I don't understand how to do it.
Jayro says "Extract ONLY the VHD folder to the MediCat USB drive, and make sure you have 20GB of free space. a minimum of 64GB USB 3.0 drive is required."
Like Beuzo already says : there's only a vhd in archive.. I tried several ways, but it doesn't work.. can someone help me please ?
have a good day everyone
After making a USB using Ventoy, follow the instructions here: https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_vhdboot.html
Then put the VHD file on the USB and it should boot.

alanmo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi BastardFromNowhere,

thanks for fast reply !
that's what I did.. is it right the file "[UEFI]_Medicat_VHD_&DW" thet I must put in the vhd folder of Medicat usb key ? cause this file seems about 30 GB...

i will try again and i tell you

Reactions: BastardFromNowhere

BastardFromNowhere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi BastardFromNowhere,

thanks for fast reply !
that's what I did.. is it right the file "[UEFI]_Medicat_VHD_&DW" thet I must put in the vhd folder of Medicat usb key ? cause this file seems about 30 GB...

i will try again and i tell you
Totally! This is an image of win10 amount of 30go is normal !

alanmo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone

I haven't been able to come back here before ...
Thank you very much Jayro for your help message, in fact I only saw it afterwards.

So, here is what I did: I started over with a new key, I installed ventoy 1.56 (the last release), I formatted the partition as NTFS, I unzipped the medicat.vhd file on the Ventoy partition of the key, I created a ventoy directory in the ventoy partition of the key, I put in this directory the file "ventoy_vhdboot" for windows 10 (windows10based). There is better compared to before because when I boot from the key, I have the Windows 11 logo and the little dots that turn to say wait. Except that it stays that way, it runs nonstop and nothing else happens.
I thought maybe the key is too slow so I did the same on a portable ssd. After the windows 11 logo, and the little dots spinning, I got a blue screen after a few moments with the message "VHD Boot initialized failed".
I hope I have been clear, because my English is light! I was very careful to follow the procedure and I do not understand why it does not work ..
Thanks if you can help me... and Good evening

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: https://youtube.com/shorts/N6ZiG1c80q4?feature=share