Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is my brand new official
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS THREAD

So as stated, I have created this thread to collect the Temp community of LoL players so we may set up and organise teams, matches, communicate, share opinions on champs, discuss patches and generally talk about the game!

Before I get bashed about silly things like "This has been done before" or "Did you even use search?!" Yes, I did and the closest thing I found to this was in 2010.

Now before we get into things. Please hold back from saying League of Legends is such a crap game. Go play a real game or whatever. We get it, Cool man. This thread has been set up for people who do play the game and want to talk about it. Not for it to be filled up with flaming trolls. In saying that. Debate is always nice just make it relevant to the topic :D

For those of you who dont know what League of Legends is, It's what we call a Free to Play MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). It consists of either 3v3 matchs or 5v5 matches or 3vBots or 5vBots. Maps are set out with each team having a main base called the Nexus and from there it splits into 3 lanes. Normally you would get a set up of 2 champs in top lane, 1 in Middle, and 2 on bottom. The exception is if you have what we call a Jungler. You get a roster of champs that rotate each week that are free to play. When you play a game you get rewarded with IP (Influence Points) in which you can spend on permanantly unlocking champs. Also you can purchase RP with IRL money and buy champs and skins for them. Closest thing to compare it to is DoTA or HoN. LoL tends to update once a fortnight with patches, fixes, updates, champ nerfs, champ buffs etc etc.

There are different play styles you can play such as Tanks, Ability Power champs (AP), Attack Damage Champs (AD), Support (Healers) and Junglers (Roam inbetween lanes and kill netural monsters) Personally I am an AP player and im useless at tanking, Everyone seems to have a type they are REALLY good at and others not so much. You do get people who can own with anyone though...

So anyways, Imma pretty this up when I get home from work, but at the moment it is just this.

Feel free to post a IGN and what main champs you play and I'll add them to the list that i'll create when I get home

Use this template and I'll add you in

Summoner Name:
Main Champs:
Server:

Additonal info you can include what style you play your champ
Example: Warwick (Jungle), Or Teemo (AP)
Your Lvl is additional also

LoL Players List!

Summoner Name: SoulHuntah
Main Champs: Ahri (AP), Lulu (Hybrid Support & AP), Malzahar (Flat AP, I can also play a pretty troll AD Malz... lol), Varus (AD)
Level: 30
Server: North America

Summoner Name: YayMii
Main Champs (as of now): Garen (tanky DPS or full AD), Poppy (hybrid AD/AP), Tristana (AD)

Summoner Name: BlackIce039
Main Champs: Alistar and Renekton

Server: West EU

Cool. So yeah. Post away guys
:D

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is literally what I was met with when I opened this thread:

wat1.jpg

That aside, I prefer DOTA2.
I played League of Legends for a bit, and it is pretty fun...but it gets old fast, and I can't stand how pathetically hard it is to kill another person. You either have to gangbeat them with your team, or they have to be completely incompetent/underlevelled/bad at life. I mean I always got a lot of kills since I focused entirely on DPS, but still. DOTA2, it's just way better. You can actually kill someone 1v1 competently without steroiding your DPS and sacrificing everything else, and if you're good enough (and the right kind of character) you can even go 2v1. Something entire impossible in LoL.

Though that said, Super MNC > both of them as far as DOTA style combat goes. Damn that game is fun.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I disagree with you, I can 1v2 on LoL and win. It just you have to build your champ properly and keep your creep kills up. Once you fall behind is when you struggle. I have 1v4 before and got out with a triple kill. Just knowing how to use your champ

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surviving (and being victorious especially) 1v2 or higher is dependent on how much the enemy sucks, how undergeared they are, and how underlevelled they are. If they are both keeping up to you in gear and are the same level, you'll probably get crushed unless they really suck.
DOTA2 is a bit different because the damage you can dish out is high enough to close more of a gap.

I just greatly prefer damage scaling in DOTA2. Of course, my entire purpose in those kinds of games is always to just dish out massive burst damage. I love doin' it.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think i might be the one person who dislikes games like this.

Well, i'm not a huge fan of 'em. I get bored easily since it tends to be the same crap over and over (which is why I prefer DOTA2, it's at least more fast-paced).
Except Super MNC. Damn that is an awesome style of DOTA. Not to mention hilarious.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
D: Oh you guys :L

I dunno, I just perfer it over other MOBA's I like how the ... mechanics work? But im not gonna hate on DoTA or HoN or anything cause they are great games. It's just a personal perference.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Summoner Name: YayMii
Main Champs (as of now): Garen (tanky DPS or full AD), Poppy (hybrid AD/AP), Tristana (AD)

I have Dota 2, and I don't bother playing it much as my ping is much higher there compared to LoL (not to mention I'm not a DotA player so I'm not quite used to the mechanics yet). I don't play Super MNC either *insert excuse about computer*.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well....
If anyone cares:
Summoner name: BlackIce039
Main champs: Allistar and Renekton
Server: West EU
@[member='outgum'] dont let the thread die after 10 posts ;O;

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ok so in my opinion all MOBA games are crap, but I am probably the only one who thinks this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off