ROM Hack Official Inazuma Eleven 2 : Threat of the Invader Blizzard Translation

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This project is NOT dead..........im just finding it hard to translate. It wont be a FULL translation.....just players/menu/items/teams but i am starting to get a team.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Some stuff is displaying right some other stuff isn't... so a quick file dupe with some of the graphics and a partial trans of just a few files... I am almost sure that this is just a control code problem cause the nftr's I literally took form the IE eur version. So there should be no problem with them. The text I entered I was careful to only stick in the (letter for letter) space, where as shadow didn't. I am not sure if there is going to be a check on string length.
screenshot(s)... will edit and add to later... so far no freezing issues in emulation.
some text with mixed results
j9voqw.jpg

screen for the graphic dupe
14m71i0.jpg

and the one garbled may be font issue (had the same problem with another project)
2928hzc.jpg

just in the center of the orange...

I need a copy of the pk tool so I can go through the files and start checking which are suitable for a direct replace from the IE eur version, please?

I could leave that to shadow I guess....

waliwal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd like to help you, But I can't read and speak Japanese.
I hope this translation will finish, but i also have hope for a English EU port cause the series are very populair in Europe.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay if anyone has a save from the game from later on where a lot of things have been unlocked, I would like to have one... I am only 10 minutes in and need to check on more than that.

please and thankyou.

plasma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rastsan i pmed you....if anyone would like to help this project become a reality then pm me or post in the thread.
We need someone who has had experiance with somthing similar to this and a translator.....from as it stands now its just me an rastsan....we need more people to help

Can anyone tell me where the Ingame menu is? i need to translate that... (Friends, Match , Items , Save ....etc)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I know where graphically the menu stuff is, I just was working on a direct file dupe... taking the menu from IE EUR and using it in here.... But if you think it is text based just relative search the game.....

there is some graphic work that needs to be done but because I am lazy I had to see if I could just do a file replace. Though it also means tracking a crap load of pointers that way I still had to try...
I just have to spend some time copying and pasting from menu to menu... and get you to tell me later what is what when I do work on them for the teams, etc....

even then it hasn't really been that long since I started taking a look so just be patient...

yami_sora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you gotten in touch with the rest of the people that undubbed the first game? Or maybe Splash or any of the members of RyRo who fansub the anime. Maybe they'd be willing to help out.

plasma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yami_sora - we plan to do it on our own.....they fansub the anime not games

Bindu555 - Japanese names (mamarou Endou) but English Team names (Occult Royal Academy) for now names arnt important...we are focusing on the other stuff brfore the names

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, i played a little with this game, but the things are very hard to do, because you can't just put all files from IE1 EUR.
But, i manage to do this:

ie2_at1.gif
ie2_at2.gif
ie2_at3.gif

ie2_at4.gif
ie2_at5.gif
ie2_at6.gif

I don't have the time and want to do this, because if the rumors of IE2 EUR will be launched in early 2012, better not continue this and wait the EUR version.
But, if you guys want to continue this, i can say that i manage to do this, using all font files from the EUR version.
Also, unitbase.dat is the same as the first game, except that need a tweak to be fully fixed.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
@ TyRaNtM
Yeah that was what I was doing...
the fonts are from the first one with a modification to the one so as to get rid of the ?...
I was slowly going through and replacing /testing files from 1 to 2. Are you serious - maybe a release in 2012?
So far 4 cause crashing (the graphic files). I have been redoing them with the space provided in case this was a map file issue. i have a partial list of files that are going to need an edit. I had to go back and check the files i directly replaced. Up to a certain point it worked and then just adding the one causes the game to crash, but that same file by itself is okay when inserted by itself. (sigh). And since I only have a passing interest in doing this....

that really makes me wanna leave this until then...

@shadow one of the files you passed me is responsible for the game crashing. I am gonna have to ask you to keep in the space the previous japanese held (don't go into the 000 after as that might cause problems). this may mean going back and editing some of what you have done.

It might be easier to ask TyRaNtM to do this later. I am not bailing on you it just seems pointless to do this when all you have to do is wait 4 or 8 months. (now that I write it, this project could easily be done in that time).

oy, what to do....

Edit:
deleted spoiler... decided to leave this project.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have to narrow it down...
so far I was just working on the images. I only noticed because those were the only files in there when I tested.
I suspected ALL of them and have been narrowing down which one(s) were giving a problem.
You saw the list. I gotta go through them one by one again. I have two images from that list that I know I have to edit. somewhere in there is a problem...
That is not even a complete list.

Edit got the menu for choosing game new game gallery done...Alot of the other graphic stuff is done now too... just testing for errors right now before I upload pictures... ah dang Inazuma eleven not Inazuma Eleven2... got to find that graphic and edit it... the player binder...sigh
pics below in spoiler

2mnqftd.png

t0128n.png

15q8dar.png

r72heg.jpg

2itr88x.png

well it looks like there is a lot of graphical stuff to get done...
the list continued

Edit
decided to leave project and remove any helpful stuff

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
One thing, you can put image files from the first game, but you can cause other problems.
For example, IE1 menu is similar to IE2 menu, but is still different, so, if you replace some files, you can screw a bit the game, so you need to replace only the necesary files.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
TyRaNtM said:
One thing, you can put image files from the first game, but you can cause other problems.
For example, IE1 menu is similar to IE2 menu, but is still different, so, if you replace some files, you can screw a bit the game, so you need to replace only the necesary files.
Any tips for finding the map files for the images? other wise there is going to be some weird looking stuff....

any specific ones that you know of that will screw the game up?

plasma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rastsan i did the binder , sAVE and exit screen....you dont havc to do everything
TyRaNtM - can we have the tweaked IE1 Unitbase.dat? the one u gt workin in IE2? It would be a massive help

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowX13 said:
rastsan i did the binder , sAVE and exit screen....you dont havc to do everything
TyRaNtM - can we have the tweaked IE1 Unitbase.dat? the one u gt workin in IE2? It would be a massive help
the .dat files or the other image stuff on the list? I would like you to take a second look at the first list so you can see what is done. I am going to make you an xdeltaui patch and send you it in pm.
note this patch will not have the files you did in it. Only my stuff. As far as I know the stuff I have done does not crash the game. So please try to stay within the space provided by the previous japanese. going beyond it may/will cause problems. If you have to short form the english do to it then do it.
I haven't done the title screen yet and won't get back to this project until after I do some more work on another project I promised to d the image work for.

I will get back to it, just later.
So don't worry about the graphic stuff right now. just be patient I will get to it.
the in game menu is next on my to do list I know where they are and they cannot be file replaced; that stuff has to be edited.

plasma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i first started this i replased some files....and the patch wont workGetting xdelta3 invalid checksum mismatch thingy at the end it says XD3_INVALID_INPUT
btw im using XP Pro and Vista.....

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
took a day off form this yesterday. All I did was try to make a patch for it (took five minutes).

today though I Used a different game dump to ease patching trouble for others working on this project. I need to go back as the NEW GAME - name your character screen is not working the way it should. I only changed in the file certain graphics. (the IE2 name screen) SO it shouldn't be giving an error like this. It must be tied to one of the other graphics in a map some way.
Really all I touched was the name, confirm and back buttons in that file. (frown) the japanese keyboard layout should still be there. but in play its not.
edit just fixed it the name you can enter is still only in japanese but at least you can enter a name.

I also tried to fix the one player Binder screen. there is a 2 now, just not in the right colors. Easy fix but later.

I'd like to wait to send you a patch this time... I want to fix the name your character screen first.

otherwise I do know where the small menu stuff is but if you cannot get past the name your character screen then..... i don't see the point. sigh...

so send you one in pm with slightly different instructions...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: