Official Hori? or Premium Quality protectors.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Vladimir, Aug 6, 2010.

Aug 6, 2010
  1. Vladimir
    OP

Newcomer Vladimir Advanced Member

Mexico
    Do you think is it worth it to order Official Hori for $8, rather than Premium quality ones for $2? Is there any difference? Keep in mind im on budget (Also ordering a case and a dstwo), so every dollar counts.

Thanks for your answer.

P.S: Just so i dont make another topic, is there a big difference between 8GB Kingston of Taiwan and another from Japan?

2. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    In my experience the knock off screen protectors are every bit as good as the Hori's with the occasional defective protector or one for the wrong unit (ie DSi sized in DS(lite) package and vice versa). The Hori's don't feel any different in use or last any longer than the knock offs. I've installed genuine Hori's and had to replace them in a month, and before I found places like DX, FocalPrice etc. I was spending $10 every month putting a new one of those on. I got on one of said sites a while ago and ordered ~20 fakes and w/ the bulk discount spent ~$12 bucks for what would have cost me from $100 to $200 for the real deal... I don't know how many defective mis-sized items I have, I only find them when I go to put a new one on, so far it's 1 in 6).

Define big... Japanese Kingston's tend to be faster than the Taiwan variety, even when thy are labeled w/ the same speed class. Taiwan flash memory is also often much smaller then you expect it to be or in worse case scenarios straight up hacked so it reports as say 8 GB's but isn't and any data you write beyond the cards real size is lost/corrupt. I tend to buy my (micro)SD's at Fry's where the Taiwan and Japan Kingstons are the same price and I can see through the packaging where it came from so I know what I'm getting.

3. Didu50

Member Didu50 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been using my Official Hori for about 5 months now. Holding in great, But then again I tend to avoid using the touch screen when I can. The only problem I had was the misleading directions, and Now i have a bigger thicker protector on top when I have a thinner smaller protector on the bottom.