Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GOAT
(greatest of all time)​

The second tier is multiple choice so you can show love to more than one of the lightweights, but the top tier is one vote only.

NINTENDO DS HAS BEEN INTENTIONALLY LEFT OUT OF THIS POLL

now lets all concede the fact that if it was an option it would win overwhelmingly b/c this forum is mostly populated by people who have only played a DS, so rather than include it and getting a bullshit answer, I decided to leave it out.

If you have any systems you would like to be added to the second tier just post them in this thread and they will be added.

I voted for Game Gear(so awesome) and Game.com (way ahead of it's time).

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA and Turbo Express. Especially the GBA SP had a lot of fun with that system
smile.gif

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
You shouldn't have removed DS. Cause I didn't like any of these.
I'm a SONY hater not to mention :/
So I had to pick GBA.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Voted GBC but had to vote TurboExpress for fan favourite. Personally I feel that fan favourites should have included Atari Lynx & Neo Geo Pocket seeing that they didn't have that many releases. NGP being the one I had chosen.

Game.Com was the worst thin I had the mispleasure of every playing! It had IDEAS ahead of their time but these ideas were so poorly implemented that they made the handheld a bigger piece of shit than what it would have been. The screen is the worst handheld screens I've ever seen.

Logan 5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I felt the need to buff up the top tier with non Nintendo consoles, so they had to go into the top b/c when they came out they were genuine competition for Ninty.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I would have voted GBA even if NDS was on the list. I picked Dingoo for the second one, even though I've never played it. But I've never even heard of the other consoles. Probably the generation gap.

Maybe because I was pretty young, but as far as I can remember, the GBA was mind-blowingly epic. The NDS is obviously superior to the GBA as far as graphics, sound, or functionality are concerned. But for some reason, games used to be so much more fun when I was younger. I used to play it all the time, at night, using those hugeass attachable backlights, under the blanket. Nowadays, I hardly touch my NDS. It's probably been months, sitting there collecting dust.

AFAIC, GBA IS GOAT.

Logan 5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a feeling Game Boy Color and Advance would fight it out for top spot, but the real race here is for the second tier. Suprised about the support for TurboExpress and Nomad, come on Game.com!

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GBA SP -- You have access to the GB, GBC and GBA libraries all in a single console. Total win. Turboexpress for 2nd tier hands down. Being able to buy a game for my console and then playing the same game on my handheld? Win. Kids that owned a Turboexpress were practically worshipped when I was little.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
GBA SP -- You have access to the GB, GBC and GBA libraries all in a single console. Total win. Turboexpress for 2nd tier hands down. Being able to buy a game for my console and then playing the same game on my handheld? Win. Kids that owned a Turboexpress were practically worshipped when I was little.
Playing Mario Kart on SP wasn't as good as on the original or on the Micro, as were some other games. Was excellent playing GB/GBC titles though.

Logan 5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think what the gay guy is saying is that he prefers a wide control grip with the screen in the middle, I would have to agree. Prob. why I voted Game Gear and Game.com

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Game Boy

This guy was the fucking king!
Plus, if Lance used a Full Restore, you could chuck it at the wall and then resume playing.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDS FTW!
mad.gif

More seriously, I'd say the Gameboy. Without that we wouldn't have the DS(among other things...), and none of us want that. Right?
wink.gif

For modern handhelds, the PSP. There's a surprisingly large library of good games for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM