Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Everdrive Month 6.png
Hello there, Temps and Temptresses! After our Everdrive GB review in May we kept in touch with Krikzz, the developer behind the wonderful Everdrive line of flash carts for retro consoles. As a result of our co-operation, we're proud to announce GBATemp's Official Everdrive Month - 6 systems and lots of Everdrive reviews for your reading pleasure!​
After a rather long hiatus (I currently live in a world of suitcases, Please Understand, I do apologize for the wait) I've finally managed to get a proper hands-on experience with our next hero - the Master Everdrive for the Sega Master System! Be sure to check out the review in our Review Center and stay tuned for the next Everdrive review during the longest month in recorded history! ;)
:arrow: GBATemp's Official Everdrive Month Review #1: Everdrive GG
:arrow: GBATemp's Official Everdrive Month Review #2: Everdrive N8
:arrow: GBATemp's Official Everdrive Month Review #3: Everdrive 64
:arrow: GBATemp's Official Everdrive Month Review #4: Super Everdrive
:arrow: GBATemp's Official Everdrive Month Review #5: SD2SNES
:arrow: GBATemp's Official Everdrive Month Review #6: Master Everdrive

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
N64 NES SNES Mega drive Game Gear and Master system

is this the 6 systems? :3

come on krikzz make a GB everdrive with RTC!

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't contain my excitement. :rolleyes:

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, I guess you'll have to wait and see for yourself. :P

unless he releases new flashcarts, he does have flashcarts for 8 consoles, one already had the review (GB everdrive), so 7 left... and TG16 is not so popular like the others.. or maybe it will be tg16 on the list and i am forgeting something..

Reactions: T-hug

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I love Everdrive!

But some versions like to Everdrive SNES/N64 dont have "saves dump"

We cant dump (original) Ocarina of time Save data to a SD and then use it with the rom

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why does everyone refer to the Sega Genesis as a "Mega Drive"? I've never seen it sold as such here in the USA.
Because it was sold as Mega Drive everywhere except the U.S, where the name "Mega Drive" was previously trademarked by a different company, hence the name Genesis.

Reactions: raulpica

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Because it was sold as Mega Drive everywhere except the U.S, where the name "Mega Drive" was previously trademarked by a different company, hence the name Genesis.

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's always been confusing to me, especially when looking for ROMs, not knowing if they were the right kind. I love that Gamegear and MasterSystem ROMs are inter-compatible, too. :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's always been confusing to me, especially when looking for ROMs, not knowing if they were the right kind. I love that Gamegear and MasterSystem ROMs are inter-compatible, too. :)
Well, that's not a 100% true. The Game Gear can run Master System software, but not the other way around, which is a shame.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to hex edit the header and fool the system into thinking it's the correct ROM type? Seems like something that simple would get it working.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I just did some reading, and they are basically the same, minus the slightly different pallets.
Indeed. The Game Gear and the Master System have virtually the same processor, but the Game Gear sports bigger palettes, hence it can run Master System software, but the Master System can't run Game Gear's. That, and a couple other small differences. It's a situation similar to Game Boy versus Game Boy Color software (where the differences are in the higher clock speed and the additional palette information on the latter system).

Reactions: JayRo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.