Official GBAtemp Review - Whispering Willows for OUYA

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    WW_banner_364x80.png

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review - Whispering Willows

2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    So can you install it on a android device?

3. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
  4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I'd like to know this too. Would love to play it on my phone or tab, I sold my backer Ouya without even opening the box!
    If not I'll get the PC release.

5. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Yes you can, but you'll need to find a place where you can obtain the apk and a game controller. This will work with pretty much all the games on the Ouya, I've got a few games that were designed for the ouya to work on my Android Tablet with no problem.

Ericthegreat likes this.
  6. David Logan

David Logan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    United States
    North Hills, California
    Hey guys, I'm the creator of Whispering Willows. I just wanted to answer some of your questions

We don't have an official Android version yet, but OUYA is starting to push out their "OUYA Everywhere." This is putting their console software on other Android devices. The first console is the Madcatz MOJO. https://www.ouya.tv/what-weve-been-up-to/

We will be optimizing the game in a later patch so it can go (hopefully) seamlessly onto these other Android devices. Mobile Android consoles will be down the line as well.

Otherwise the game is on PC/Mac/Linux (DRM-Free) off of our website http://nightlightinteractive.com/product-category/games/
    It will also be on Steam July 9th for the same platforms.

Qtis likes this.
  7. David Logan

David Logan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    United States
    North Hills, California
    Happy hauntings! We’re proud to announce Whispering Willows just went live on Steam! We’re incredibly excited to share our debut title with the Steam community and we can’t wait to hear what they have to say.

Get Whispering Willows for $10, during the 33% off launch sale! Available for PC, MAC and Linux platforms. http://store.steampowered.com/app/288060

8. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Have you guys thought about GoG.com as a distribution platform on top of Steam? They have a good thing going and personally love the DRM-less options :P

9. David Logan

David Logan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    United States
    North Hills, California

We are actually currently trying to get onto GoG! You can get a DRM free version of the game through out site www.nightlightint.com (through Humble Widget)

Qtis likes this.