Official GBAtemp Review - NES30 Bluetooth Controller

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Ryukouki, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Ryukouki
    OP

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    [​IMG]

XDel, _Mary_, Costello and 1 other person like this.
  2. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    I'm going to buy one of these, only because it will make Blaster Master Overdrive a lot easier to control! :)

3. kid sampson

kid sampson GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    Ordered one of these based on your review and it just arrived today. Beautiful controller that brings back some great memories. It far exceeds the iCade 8-bitty I had been using. The buttons on this one aren't as floaty or squishy, and I like the many programmable modes. I've tested it as bluetooth keyboard paired with emulators, as an iCade controller for IOS, and as a Wii controller paired with my console: all work as expected. I also tested it with the popular controller apps like Blutrol and Controllers for All - again these were both compatible. To my surprise, I actually preferred the stock app provided by 8bitdo for touch screen controller emulation: it seems like a straight-forward clone of Blutrol but it's much easier to setup as the interface is specific to the NES30.

My one disappointment is the keychain emblem that came boxed with the controller. It's for the FC30 and not the NES version. I'm assuming they decided to use all remaining stock from the first run. Otherwise, I think my money was well spent. Far exceeds my expectations.

Ryukouki likes this.
  4. nickerous

nickerous Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2013
    United States
    Can't seem tomget this to work as the first player wiimote. I did get it to work by adding it as a second player in NSMB wii. Is it possible to use this without another wiimote? The only thing the nes 30 would do on the wii menu is move the screens (start and select).