OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just letting you all know that my official review of the EZF-Advance kit is now up.

EZF-Advance Review

With this review I aim to give people searching for a dependable gba flashcard an insight into a popular flashcard choice. This review will now sit alongside shaunj66's review of the X-Rom flashcard. Just another way that we are trying to help out here on the staff.

Microtic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much Opium!
smile.gif
This will help out a lot of people who come here looking for info.
biggrin.gif

I even learned something...
wink.gif

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
no problem Microtic
smile.gif

Even if people don't feel like reading much they can look at the pretty pictures
happy.gif

"Oh look wow! It's Opium's pride and joy. His GBA SP!"
laugh.gif
heh, perhaps not

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found the driver installiation to be easily done in seconds, but thats compared to the problems that the EFA 256 gives me. Another problem I've had with my cart is over time it starts to become unstable (link games seem to freeze alot when I press select).

Just for fun, I'll tell you my flashing ritual for EFA:

1. Make sure cable is in USB Port 2 only
2. Insert EFA into a GBA/SP
3. Insert cable and wait for the light to turn on.
4. Remove cart
5. Click search on the HORRID software (if you cancel when selecting a save, you need to restart it because none of the buttons enable again) and continue with flashing the cart... which almost never gives the promised cheat support or almost never allows you to rename the rom header (which could just be done with another program i guess).

Now I was told my EZFA is not connecting right and i should use the matchbook cover technique, but I need to learn that a bit more if you could give me a hand.

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Opium, I haven't had a chance to take a look at the review yet, but I'm sure that it's very helpful and informative. The only thing though, is that you are expecting people to actually do some research on flash carts themselves when both you and I know full well that they won't bother looking, they'll just create a topic about it.
laugh.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should've gotten a higher rating. There is such thing as a "copyleft". And GTA Advance and Minisch Cap aren't out yet, but obviously you can just rename any game to them.

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, demonstar's right
copyleft is an actual term used to describe something, but i can't remember what.
oh well, google it you lazy bastards
biggrin.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
note taken.

I can't speak too much at the moment but in the next couple of weeks there may be a new feature pitting 3 of the later flash cards against eachother. Perhaps on that I'll expand the detail quite considerably.

Why the EZFA recieved 8.5? Well does it have all the great features the EZ-Flash III is claiming to have? Nope. Compared to the current market, it doesn't have all the 'oh neato!' effects the other carts now have, BUT it is still an amazingly solid cart and I can plainly see why it is one of the most sold flashcards.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
^ ahh but if they manage to put in the extra features and still have great bug free software support, then it's quite an advantage. The trouble is getting it right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end