Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Official G6 Lite (4Gbit) Review

GBAtemp.net adds another official review to it's arsenal! I've just finished a 2nd opinon review of the final English G6 Lite which can be found HERE.

There are plenty of pictures and even videos to help you decide whether this is the flashcart for you. I've covered some points not covered in Qrayzie's earlier review. Most noticably I'm using final hardware and updated software (G6-Manager 4.4). The good, the bad, the G6 Lite laid bare. Read the review to find out how the G6 Lite stacks up!

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Talk about overkill of pictures and movies. No one can ask "Can I see anything else?" with this review. Excellent and detailed, Opium. Nice work indeed. Thanks for mentioning the Guides & FAQ too, as that's going to get some more updates very soon.

motorcity_madman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great review.Thanks!
grog.gif

WishCow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Very great review, don't want to be nitpicky but you didn't mention the advanced save management, like you can transfer saves from/to an original DS cart by pressing the select button. (or all of the flashcarts can do this?)

SD5k

Trophies
Website
www.metalfan.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a question about this picture:
firmware.jpg

Did you trim your ROMs with the U-disk software or did you use an external tool for it?

My Brain Trainig ROM is 102Mb and my FF3 ROM is about 950Mb. I would like to trim them all as much as possible offcourse.
smile.gif

Oh, excellent review by the way, you got to love the G6L.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've got a question about this picture:
firmware.jpg

Did you trim your ROMs with the U-disk software or did you use an external tool for it?

My Brain Trainig ROM is 102Mb and my FF3 ROM is about 950Mb. I would like to trim them all as much as possible offcourse.
smile.gif

Oh, excellent review by the way, you got to love the G6L.

I trimmed them with the G6-Manager, I didn't use any other tools. Strange that you got different sizes...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Very great review, don't want to be nitpicky but you didn't mention the advanced save management, like you can transfer saves from/to an original DS cart by pressing the select button. (or all of the flashcarts can do this?)

Thanks for the feedback, I just added this paragraph into the review:

QUOTE said:
When selecting a game and pressing SELECT it will open up a menu where you can fiddle with the save data for that game. Each game has three save files associated to it, game.0 (the default save), game.1 and game.2. Normally the only save file you have to worry about backing up on the PC is the default .0 file. The others are for if you want to use multiple save files for the same games. For example, if you have a sibling who plays the same game but ingame there is only one save slot available you can swap G6 save files. One really good feature from this menu though is the ability to transfer your rom's save file to the original DS game inserted into slot 1 of your DS, or vice versa. This feature is great for backing up saves of your legit games.

QUOTE(SD5k @ Sep 17 2006, 10:15 PM)Can it be that a ROM doesn't get trimmed as much when I use safe mode?

I used safe mode for FF3 as well so I can't see why it trimmed differently. The rom file will have identical padding and that should be trimmed identically whether you use safe mode or Dofat. Very strange.

kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Does the Package comes with a manual? kicktrading state that there is
And did you state approximately how may games(NDS) can we put?

btw I Like the review
smile.gif
since i'm already thinking of buying G6

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good work, Opium!

I like how all the later flash carts show the DS game icon in their menu unlike the older models. I really don't think the menu needs skinning with all those icons there!

512MB is kind of small for me though because I like keeping a selection of games to play and also leave some space to try new ones that are dumped.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It holds together strongly and does not scrap when inserting or removing it into your DS.

In the hardware paragraph

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.