Official FW vs. CFW issues?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by roguetrip, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008
  1. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm new to this, I ordered a pandora battery and still have to get a larger memory stick before I install CFW, but after reading the tut's on installing, I had a question, Would I be ok to install official 4.05 until i'm ready to install a CFW? Using the playstation network to play demo's it says I have to have a new FW have them install and play. I currently have 3.80 out the box. I just don't know if it can be installed if it shows that files are up to date or if it just forces the install of CFW in service mode. Thanks!

2. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Well pandora's batter is a "Universal Unbricker" so I can only assume that no matter what OFW you have it would work. Just to be safe, just hold out for a bit longer until you get your battery.

3. pitoui

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    No if I were you I'd upgrade it to 4.05, as you can change any OFW to CFW with the pandora battery.

4. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Any OFW can be changed to ANY CFW, so it doesn't need to be lower or higher necessarily (from my experience). You CAN upgrade if you want, but it's unnecessary. I personally enjoy 4.0+ and would suggest it, but it's your call.