Australia
Elite Beat Agents

Release Date: 08/11/06

ebbox-small.jpg

eb1.jpg
eb2.jpg

eb3.jpg
eb4.jpg

People may know this game as the English release of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan. A japanese rhythm game that's proved incredibly popular to import. The english version isn't a localisation but a completely different game based on the same gameplay concept.

Game Tracklist

1. Walkie Talkie Man - Steriogram
2. ABC - Jackson Five
3. Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
4. I Was Born to Love You - Queen
5. Rock This Town - Stray Cats
6. Highway Star - Deep Purple
7. Y.M.C.A. - Village People
8. September - Earth, Wind and Fire
9. Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
10. Material Girl - Madonna
11. La La - Ashlee Simpson
12. You're the Inspiration - Chicago
13. Survivor - Destiny's Child
14. Without a Fight - Hoobastank
15. Believe - Cher
16. Let's Dance - David Bowie
17. Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
18. Makes No Difference - Sum 41
19. The Anthem - Good Charlotte

"The concept for song selection was this - the roaring songs you would want to hear if you went to a college frat party. I used to play in bands like that, and when the whole crowd is jumping up and down to your tunes...this is the essence of our selections." - Keiichi Yano

source: Game|Life

So what do you guy think of the song selection? Love it or hate it? Personally as much as I hate songs like YMCA it's going to be fun tapping away to them on my DS
yaynds.gif

I'm looking forward to this game a lot despite the lackluster demo that was released. I'm sure the final game will be just as funny and entertaining as the Japanese version was. This is one of my most anticipated games at the moment.

ChaosTheorySD

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it was a lot more entertaining whe I didn't know what what going on. I got to make up fanciful lyrics abour dodgeball and spoiled ramen.

and how can I possibly in good connscious play a game with not only Avrile Lavigne, but Good Charlotte? The Gods of Metal would disown me and cast me out of their kingdom for all eternity only to burn in the hellfire of mainstream alternative; a fate worse than death istelf.

Kudos for Queen, though.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I think these songs will add to the rediculousness of the game, come on, 3 male cheerleaders dancing the YMCA at the touch of your stylus isn't funny to you?
tongue.gif

V

Vulpix

You guys are just being elitist pigs. The song list in Ouendan is actually full of lousy j-pop bands. It's almost equal to the song list, so I don't see how the original Ouendan game had a better tracklist.

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, in reality the songs in Ouendan aren't that much better. Just full of Well known popular songs.

And what is in Elite Beat? just a bunch of well known popular songs....

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is that really the official song list? I remember a list appeared a while ago that mentioned that Ricky Martin's Living La Vida Loca was part of the song. Then again, the list also included Weird Al so it didn't look that credible. I tried the demo from the Download Station but it wouldn't work on my M3 CF.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You guys are just being elitist pigs. The song list in Ouendan is actually full of lousy j-pop bands. It's almost equal to the song list, so I don't see how the original Ouendan game had a better tracklist.

The Blue Hearts? Lousy j-pop?
ohmy.gif
OUTRAGEOUS!

The song list for the english version is pretty much crap... No Venom... No Slayer.. not even MOTORHEAD?!?!?
wtf.gif

For gods sake at least put some Anaal Nathrakh in there!
wink.gif

L

lastdual

Wether the bands are better or worse isn't really the point. We've known it for a while, but the jpop added to the nonsensical wackiness of the original Ouendan, and that craziness is effectively cut in half by using western music.

If we all spoke Japanese and were familar with the original game's soundtrack, it would have likely never become a cult hit among importers, as we would complain about it the same we many are now complaining about the english soundtrack. It was a hit because it made no sense to us. Nintendo failed to comprehend this.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I agree fully with lastdual. The fact that I didn't know *most* of the songs made it a discovery process, and added a LOT to the fun of it. Now if EBA had a bunch of Moby Grape and Captain Beefheart songs in it, the same would hold true for it, as most people (besides us old farts) would still be unfamiliar with the songs. I'm sure some of the songs won't be familiar, as even my wife had never heard Jumpin' Jack Flash (she's a bit younger than me) but the songs, even the old ones like Highway Star are just way too done-to-death over here.

Oh well, I'll play it anyway, spoon it on in...

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wether the bands are better or worse isn't really the point. We've known it for a while, but the jpop added to the nonsensical wackiness of the original Ouendan, and that craziness is effectively cut in half by using western music.

If we all spoke Japanese and were familar with the original game's soundtrack, it would have likely never become a cult hit among importers, as we would complain about it the same we many are now complaining about the english soundtrack. It was a hit because it made no sense to us. Nintendo failed to comprehend this.

Except, iNIS made the game, not Nintendo.... so why is it Nintendo's fault?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1