Hacking Official DS Expanson Pak + GBA Game?

indask8

New Member Forever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if one homebrew actually use the official NDS expansion pak (found with the cartridge of opera nds browser).

And also if something like the GBA exploader was possible (maybe to run up to 8MB GBA games)?

Would be nice if someone was capable to develop this kind of software (as I believe putting data on the official expansion pak is as easy as putting data on the ez 3in1)...

So does even one homebrew use it?
smile.gif

EDIT: Well I checked some hombrew... already found two compatible: SnemulDS and picodrive.

Maybe others are compatible?

EDIT2: Found the answer to my GBA related question:
QUOTE said:
The Opera RAM pack can be used by homebrew apps, but no it cannot play GBA games. This is because the GBA starts execution at a certain address and the writable portion of the RAM pack doesn't start until after that point.

So now I only search homebrew that use this ram pak if you know them (maybe a list)...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quake I might be able to use it, not quite sure. Moonshell can use it for decoding large JPEG images. DSLinux can use it to provide a small amount of extra RAM to prevent programs from crashing when you launch them. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night