Official Dark Tower thread

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by GundamXXX, Dec 23, 2010.

Dec 23, 2010

Official Dark Tower thread by GundamXXX at 4:28 PM (397 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. GundamXXX
    OP

Member GundamXXX Ergo Ego

Australia
    I noticed alot of Dark Tower fans on the forum because alot of people commented on my sig/pic so I thought it would be nice to have a discussion thread about it.

So lets discuss!

Warning: This thread will most likely contain spoilers, something hard to avoid in a proper discussion thread. If you have not read the books and are planning to or you are in the middle of reading them, finish first then come back because its one experience I dare not to ruin

Myself Ive read the original 7 books 2 times and almost finishing a 3rd (reading book 5 as we type)
    I also read the comics (THANK YOU ANONYMOUS FAN) and the book Eyes of teh Dragon which is related to the world of Roland

Also I noticed that the first time I read them I was about 8 till 15 and the second time 17-19. This time Im 25 and I keep seeing more and more in these books.

My favourite character from the book had to be Eddie, he reminds me of myself alot [​IMG]

Long days and pleasant nights to all of you *puts his heel in front of him and taps his throat 3 times*

PS.
    If my translations for phrases arent perfect dont flame me, Im ashamed to admit I read them in dutch not english because I wasnt able to find good english ones [​IMG]

2. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    Hile, gunslinger...

Man, my Dark Tower "lingo" is getting rusty. Still can't find a physical copy of the 7th book, and hesitating to read the .pdf I downloaded somewhere. Man, what I'd give to get that book for christmas.

Yeah, the Dark Tower references abound in all of SK's work. For example: IT, Rose Madder, Hearts in Atlantis, among others. Hmm, gotta re-read the novels again soon...

Long days and pleasant nights.

3. GundamXXX
    OP

Member GundamXXX Ergo Ego

Australia
    Yea I love how this series is so intergrated, especially considering he started writing this stuff before he even finished university!