Hacking Homebrew Official CPS2 for the Slim!

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Official Download

CPS2PSP ver.2.2.0 for PSP slim (test version) 2007/09/30

With this new release you no longer have to Cache any of your CPS2 games
smile.gif

It seems that the extra RAM in the Psp slim allows you to load all games direct with the Caching now being done in RAM.
This is great because now you can just run all of your games without the time consuming Caching with full sound, full speed just like before.

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it true that the slim removes the 1.5 loader, which makes it incompatible with v1.5 homebrew?

The Slim hardware is incompatible with the 1.5 kernel period so no homebrew that uses the 1.5 kernel will work. However homebrew can be ported from 1.5 to the 3.XX kernel, coded from scratch and / or some Hen D versions of 1.5 homebrew will work, for example the 1.5 version of gpSP (GBA emulator) will not work on the Psp Slim but the Hen D port works flawlessly.

Making the 1.5 kernel totally incompatible with the slim hardware was Sonys tactic to stop hackers dead in their tracks but of course it failed. However without Pandora Sony may have been able to prevent homebrew for a very very long time. (This is why you do not see a menu with the Pandora Slim).

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it true that the slim removes the 1.5 loader, which makes it incompatible with v1.5 homebrew?

The Slim hardware is incompatible with the 1.5 kernel period so no homebrew that uses the 1.5 kernel will work. However homebrew can be ported from 1.5 to the 3.XX kernel, coded from scratch and / or some Hen D versions of 1.5 homebrew will work, for example the 1.5 version of gpSP (GBA emulator) will not work on the Psp Slim but the Hen D port works flawlessly.

Making the 1.5 kernel totally incompatible with the slim hardware was Sonys tactic to stop hackers dead in their tracks but of course it failed. However without Pandora Sony may have been able to prevent homebrew for a very very long time. (This is why you do not see a menu with the Pandora Slim).

I was hoping it would run all 1.5 homebrew. There goes my purchase. Ah well.

DarkPacMan77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can increase your chances to load 1.50 kernel homebrew by using the new eloader that was made a while back. That will load and play just about all 1.50 homebrew - you just need to go through the eloader to do so. Expect programs like IRShell to just never work unless they are fully ported over for you.

-DarkPacMan77-

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed this to a friends Slim yesterday (newest version, with Ad-Hoc support!), I don't really get the re-addition of the whole manual caching of roms thing, as it wasn't necessary in the previous version, but eh. Additionally, didn't understand what it meant when it said only Phats can connect to Slims for Ad-Hoc and vice versa...
wtf.gif
(Maybe I read it wrong?)

Hopefully there will be more rom support in the future, I can't wait to add some more classic titles to the Slim (particularly Battletoads, Turtles, for Ad-Hoc
wub.gif
)

yaypsp.gif

Embrance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally agreed on that there wasnt caching in the older versions...Why did they put it in ?Maybe for faster multiplayer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.