Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Spider123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an N5 and have had a lot of trouble: I've tried a bunch of differnt ROMs and always get the "white screen of death", Wood for Pokemon makes my card go in an infinite loading screen, I really don't know what to do, help?

AoiAoiAoi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Got a toughie for you guys.
Copying what I wrote on AKAIO forums.
Game Title: Pocket Monsters Black
Game System:Nintendo DSL
Release Number:5216
Firmware version: AKAIO 1.7.1
Loader version:15/7/2010
Acekard type:Acekard 2.1 "Faulty" Brand (sorry, don't know the PCB color)
Acekard HWID:80
Description of problem: When booting into PKMN Black, it loads the "THE POKEMON COMPANY - NINTENDO ™"screen but then freezes on the screen where the intro credit screen:
"1997 Gamefreak
1997...."
appears.
Steps to reproduce: Boot Pocket Monster Black and wait.
Debugged: I have tried the regular, Green and Red DMA modes. All freezes. Incidentally, when booting into Red and Green DMA modes, one can't even see the first screen; it stays white. Only using the regular Yellow DMA modes does even the POKEMON COMPANY screen appears. I have tried a Sandisk 2GB and Kingston 4GB microSD card and has failed to work. I have formatted them both with Ubuntu's GParted, Windows' default formatter and Panasonic formatter. No positive results yield. Tried several copies of ROMs using both Ubuntu and Windows. No luck. As a last resort, tried booting Black with offical Acekard loader. No luck either. Tried (5215) Pocket Monsters White with same results. Used my friends "pre-Dec 09" AK2.1 and the problem does not occur. Ran the ROM on Desume x64, works beautilfully so don't think it's a corrupted ROM.

Other:I personally think that this blackscreen issue could be because I'm using the 'faulty" HWID:80 Acekard 2.1. Even though AKAIO resolved the issue in 1.7, there could be lingering issues. For example, the only other game AKAIO "fixed" was 4 elements (id:?). Maybe, check compatabilty with faulty AK2.1? Reading others on internet forums, most of the Acekard users freeze up after meeting the Professor or have only occasional freezes and the no EXP issue. Just my 2 cents though.

MrComposer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Pokemon Black on a DeSmuME emulator...can someone help me? I have the rom & everything ready...it's just trying patching it to earn experience. Is it the same method; I'm sort of confused on the last step regarding output. I had the .xdelta Black file, my Black.nds file...but don't know what the output is supposed to be.

sergster1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NorikoChijinu said:
I must have read wrong on the front page then, I though Ack2i was already proved to work... OK good to know it's not me forgetting something. I have a friend who has the same card I thought and it is working for him so I assumed so would mine. Ok, will wait till there's a fix for my memory card, thanks.

If using an acekard 2i there shouldnt be any issue try to DL the latest loaders and disable cheats and soft reset

G

geenlung

MrComposer said:
I'm trying to play Pokemon Black on a DeSmuME emulator...can someone help me? I have the rom & everything ready...it's just trying patching it to earn experience. Is it the same method; I'm sort of confused on the last step regarding output. I had the .xdelta Black file, my Black.nds file...but don't know what the output is supposed to be.

Just use your original pokemon black.nds file. Or, you could make a new file and call it Pokemon Black Patched.nds. It's really up to you.

Spider123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using the R4 for clones method a few pages but it still doesn't work. One thing I realised though is that when I try opening the ROM from the main area where you access everything, the picture i a grey DS and is called Untitled, but when I access it from R4 for clones it's the normal logo (a quester Pokeball with a black background)

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems I have a new problem... I'm using that method of Wood R4 on my R4 clone that DonBren posted some pages ago.... I get the C Gear and my game freezes
frown.gif

I can't proceed after that or anything

Night_Jesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay i got exp share, some people may/may not know so ill just say how to get it for the people whos struggling.

In Hiun city (the 3rd gym's city where i jizzed for the camera work) theres a building next to the poke centre, defeat everyone in there (like 16 trainers lol) and defeat the last guy and you'll get it

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
It seems I have a new problem... I'm using that method of Wood R4 on my R4 clone that DonBren posted some pages ago.... I get the C Gear and my game freezes
frown.gif

Click the second option (No) then the first option (Yes) when you receive the C-Gear.

DarkZBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gvaz said:
What is the cgear?
AS far as I know it allows you connect to the Dream world, and has wifi capabilities, head to serebii for more info.

Also, I can't get Global Link to work, will Global Link work on Flash Carts?

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The Silence said:
Sorry for asking, but would this work on the original R4 1.18 (not wood)? I'm not really sure how the two are different.

Mine didnt work. But I downloaded R4 Wood 1.12 and apart from being a MUCH better firmware, it works perfectly
biggrin.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
nebula91 said:
frown.gif

Click the second option (No) then the first option (Yes) when you receive the C-Gear.

Thanks a lot! I thought I was forced to say yes and just kept pressing b to see if anything worked >__< but this worked fine.

So far the only issue I have is using C Gear
I'm running an R4 clone (R4 III Upgrade) with the wood r4 stuff posted some pages back. No freezes and exp gain works fine.

The Silence

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fedex14 said:
The Silence said:
Sorry for asking, but would this work on the original R4 1.18 (not wood)? I'm not really sure how the two are different.

Mine didnt work. But I downloaded R4 Wood 1.12 and apart from being a MUCH better firmware, it works perfectly
biggrin.gif
That won't break the other games I have there or anything? or make some of them not work anymore?

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The Silence said:
Fedex14 said:
The Silence said:

biggrin.gif
That won't break the other games I have there or anything? or make some of them not work anymore?

no, it will run them all, it's the best firmware out there for R4, 1.18 is outdated. There is a thread on GBATemp here: http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4

For the older savefiles to work as it says there you have to convert them with the tool they provide you.

Good luck!

frest123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadyGame said:
YAYAYAYA

/// THE UNIVERSAL CHILD'S PLAY PATCH WAS UPDATED!! ///

How to play "Pocket Monster : Black" on your R4

For R4 User:

1. Download Patch.rar and get a Patch.exe file from the RAR archive. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OFWT8813

2. Drag your ROM and drop it onto the Patch.exe.

3. Copy the attached two files, infolib.dat and extinfo.dat, to the TTMENU folder of your DSTT.

For DSTT User (Just reference, not be applied to the Pokemon):

Note: You can use the latest kernel DSTT Kernel v1.17a12 rev29a for implemeting the latest extinfo.bat file. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N8M2DFVM

Note:
This path is not only for "Pocket Monster : Black". It's one of game to be patched by Universal Child's Play Patch.
The file having the ".bak" extension is the backup copy of the original nds file.

Credit to Rudolph.

Where are the files for the TTMenu? When I download I dont get those files.... Please help as soon a possible. Maybe put those files on a separate download?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok