Gaming Official Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?! Discussion Thread

Are you interested at all?

• Yes

Votes: 51 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • I'll tell you when I get to try the ROM

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • What is Adventure Time?

Votes: 9 10.0%

• Total voters

Frannyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The game is fun, I ordered the 3DS collector's ed., Looking for the DS one also.

The best scene on the show:
286wjvc.png
Mine is on its way too!! After beating the DS rom I bought the 3DS Collector's edition from ebay! my favorite scene from the show is the Ice King singing the Fry song, that was pretty sweet... Also liked Finn singing in Freak City.

BTW, can anybody please tell me where to find a good quality mp3 of the ending (credits) song? I've found pretty neat mp3's of the opening, with quality more or less similar to this:

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having slowdowns with a DSTWO (newest firmware + EOS System) and I assumed it was because my 256mb microsd was absolutely ancient,

but I pressed X on the Adventure Time rom thumbnail, set the mode to clean and disabled cheats, and now it's running perfect.
On the DSONE, there is a global Run Mode option for either Clean or Patch.

Then for each individual rom, there are these options:
Multi-Saver
Save size
Cheat
Bypass anti-piracy

If I set it to globally Clean and then individually to 'Cheat: Turn on' and 'Bypass anti-piracy: Turn on' (assuming Turn on = it's currently off and the engrish menus are not translated wrong), then I no longer get the horrible slowdown in the windy sections. I do still notice a slight pause in some spots like when jumping left from the top of the well in the Housie Village or when approaching a giant worm. To confirm, I change only the global mode back to Patch and the slowdowns return.

BUT the problem with Clean mode is that saves don't write to file so you lose your saves if you leave the game and the real-time options don't work so you can't use save-states as an alternative. Perhaps the DSTWO behaves differently and I should consider upgrading?

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Mine is on its way too!! After beating the DS rom I bought the 3DS Collector's edition from ebay! my favorite scene from the show is the Ice King singing the Fry song, that was pretty sweet... Also liked Finn singing in Freak City.

BTW, can anybody please tell me where to find a good quality mp3 of the ending (credits) song? I've found pretty neat mp3's of the opening, with quality more or less similar to this:

I'm wondering that as well. The only reason we have the opening is because they released that officially via Soundcloud near the end of October.

Neuropod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Uploaded some gameplay yesterday! Game is so much Finn fun!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you record this from? It looks like the awful color compression I was experiencing is absent from your video so I'm kind of curious. Thanks. (Of course, if I'm wrong about that, feel free to disregard this message)

Already beat the game on 3DS. The ending is exactly the kind of unexpected WTF moment this game deserved. Short but excellent game.

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't mind me asking, what did you record this from? It looks like the awful color compression I was experiencing is absent from your video so I'm kind of curious. Thanks. (Of course, if I'm wrong about that, feel free to disregard this message)

Already beat the game on 3DS. The ending is exactly the kind of unexpected WTF moment this game deserved. Short but excellent game.
I used DesMuME to record it.

jonfox_sv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was having slowdowns with a DSTWO (newest firmware + EOS System) and I assumed it was because my 256mb microsd was absolutely ancient,

but I pressed X on the Adventure Time rom thumbnail, set the mode to clean and disabled cheats, and now it's running perfect.

Hopefully that helps, but maybe my Micro SD has a higher class than I think it does.

Thanks my friend, it Works :yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi